August 2011 Moms

Is It Really That Hard?

...to spell "Lincoln"? I mean this is not the names board and clearly I am not interested in changing it, but "Lincoln", while uncommon, is not obscure. Not to mention, a major political figure everyone studies in school shares the name. So, why is it constantly misspelled? I mean *constantly*!!! Weird. Prior to his birth we mulled all the ways he could be mocked, criticisms we would receive, etc but we never considered the spelling to be an issue. It is a totally basic name and we didn't do anything weird to it, ya know? Happens most often at church but people never feel confident writing it. They always get to "Linc" and then look at me with pleading eyes or ask for the spelling. This post brought to you by all the art projects I pick up from school marked "Lincon."
imageimage

Re: Is It Really That Hard?

• Really? Wow, people are dumb.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Um...did they take history in school?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Working with babies I never assume a name is spelled the traditional way. Now a days you just never know and I always ask. The name Lincoln is pretty popular here in the last couple years. I have seen it spelled different ways with my favorite being Linkin :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I get that it isn't a common name, but HELLO, he was a freakin' President. A very important one at that. We can all thank Linkin Park for messing with it!

Right?
  • shanado said:

I get that it isn't a common name, but HELLO, he was a freakin' President. A very important one at that. We can all thank Linkin Park for messing with it!

Right?
    Terrible band, terrible spelling.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I get that it isn't a common name, but HELLO, he was a freakin' President. A very important one at that. We can all thank Linkin Park for messing with it!
    Haha, seriously!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"