Baby Names

Mordecai

WDYT of Mordecai? What are some MNs to go with Mordecai?

Mordecai is of Hebrew origin.
FORMERLY NADCHAEL.

VOTE on my Name List

Re: Mordecai

• i just immediately think of the Bible story...  in fact, i just watched "One Night With The King" today, so it's funny this post should come across my screen!

you could do cai for a nickname - that's kind of neat.  i wonder if people who don't know the Biblical association might associate it with a gloom/doom sort of feel since it kind of has that "mortician/morbid" pronunciation thing going on...  (it's a reach, but i'm trying to think outside the box!)

FWIW, i know a malachi and a nehemiah (and a zebulun too!) so others definitely use strange Biblical names also... :)
  • I see the Morde- and think death....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...

Same. Or Mordor from lord of the rings. What is the actual meaning?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Mordecai is a key player in the story of Esther (the Jewish girl who became queen and risked her life before the King to save her nation from annihilation at the hands of a wicked palace adviser).  the full story can be read in the book of Esther in the Bible.

it's a pretty awesome story, actually!  very dramatic and theatrical :)

This
  • When I meet someone named Mordechai/Mordecai I think that the person is Jewish (because usually they are lol). I've heard Mordy as a NN.

BabyFruit Ticker

Also a July 2013 Mom!
  • It's okay...NN Kai?

photo 444e1a74-1f01-47b5-8489-88b2999f2e54_zpse873dcde.jpg 

Mommy's sweet girls

Kaatje Grace 4.26.2010

Eloise Hope 2.10.2012

• I actually really like it. NN Kai is great.
    You will never know how much you mean to me my little jelly Bean.
    Mommy loves you Eevee! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    <a href="http://s834.photobucket.com/albums/zz270/cpali/?action=view
  • Mordecai - season 1 supernatural - murderer farmer ghost. First thing I think of.
    Anniversary

• When I hear this name m brain automatically translates it to " mortify." I think it's pretty, but I always have to correct myself.
    DX: Hashimoto's - August 2012

Me:30 / DH: 31

BFP#1 after 15 cycles on 12/1/2013 EDD 8/7/2014

Anniversary

• I love me some Old Testament names, but I'm not loving Mordecai. I can't put my finger on why at the moment. I do love Moses, Solomon, and Abraham, though.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    I just want to give you a world as beautiful as you are to me.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I love the story and I like the name.  But it is heavy one, given most do not know the history of Esther, for a child or adult to carry.  

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • Just too dark/heavy for me..  its a lot of name to pull off I think
  • The name gives me the creeps
  • If he turns out to be an atheist do you think he'll legally change it to something NOT crazy biblical later in life?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"