May 2013 Moms

Stay at home moms

I worked up until the day I went into labor. I'm now a stay at home mom and I'm definitely enjoying the time with my sweet boy but it sure is an adjustment! It is pretty busy with the baby but there are times when it is kind of lonely and boring. And honestly there are days where I am still in pjs at lunch time which just doesn't seem right! LOL I wouldn't trade it- this is definitely the right choice for my family. It is just so different from my "old life". Going from not having a baby to having one is enough change in itself. I'm just curious how the other new stay at home moms are doing and from the veteran ones- do you have any input or advice? LO and I do get out most days which helps but most things cost money and now that we are a one income family I have to be especially good about not spending too much. I joined meetup.com but haven't gone to any of the play dates yet. I probably should do that!

Re: Stay at home moms

• motangmotang member
    Definitely find a group of moms in your area. Sounds like you found a group... You just need to go. :) I love going to my playgroup. It's one of my favorite things to do each week.
    I also spread out my errands throughout the week so I have somewhere to go each day. When your LO is older going to the park and library are fun.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • kmcd23kmcd23 member
    I don't have advice, I just understand! I stopped working about half way through, because of bed rest and then a big move. Between being at home and being in a new place, it can be very lonely.
  • Loading the player...
  • I second the spacing your errands out so you have somewhere to go each day. There's a park where I go shopping so I usually take a walk round there before I head home. When I do this I'm much happier in myself plus LO gets fresh air.

I would definitely go to a local women's group. I joined a BFing group which has been great. Apart from the adult company you pick up lots of useful advice and handy tips.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I run errands all day once a week and plan an outing for breakfast/lunch or coffee with a friend once a week. Those outings really are refreshing. Also jut stepping outside for a quick walk around the block in the morning is nice for the fresh air...
  • Thanks ladies! Great advice!
  • kmcd23 said:

I don't have advice, I just understand! I stopped working about half way through, because of bed rest and then a big move. Between being at home and being in a new place, it can be very lonely.

Omgosh I can't imagine! So sorry girl! I hope you meet some great new friends :)

• I agree with PPs--find a moms' group in your area. I know there are some great MOPS groups, or you could look for something at your local hospital or on meetup.com. Also, check with your local library. I'll bet they have a storytime that you could go to. Even better, all these things are free!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We get out in the AM each day. We then hang at home until P wakes up from her afternoon nap, 3ish. If its not too hot we head to the playground. I'm in the process of joining a mom's group. 

I need to get out of the house each day or I go bananas!

IMG_5977lb
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• Get into a play group with other new moms. I was a SAHM when my first two kids were little, and to this day we all get together at least once each summer (the kids are rising 7th graders now!) to let the kids and moms hang out again. In fact, this same groups of ladies threw me a shower for our surprise LO and the kids all hung out with my DH while the ladies had a night of fun.

**DD1 - 7/9/98**

**DS - 11/9/00**

**DD2 - 4/30/13**

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"