Pregnant after a Loss

Scar Tissue Worries

This is my weekly PGAL brain freak-out.

I had two surgeries last year (3 if you count the D&C for retained placenta after m/c) and had an HSG with RE afterwards, she saw NO scar tissue. Then last week at our A/S, they saw what they thought were fibroids (cue mini freak out) but turned out to be scar tissue. I was like, huh??? Fast forward to me googling the impact of scar tissue in a pregnancy and the risk of late micarriage or stillbirth, placenta accreta, etc.

We have a doctor's appointment yesterday and we'll definitely ask again about it again. At the A/S they just said they'd monitor it but didn't say anything about risks Cue more freak out because with Harrison, they said that about the fibroids: 'probably not a big deal, we'll monitor them, blah blah blah' and, we'll never know for sure what caused us to lose him but the fibroids are on the suspect list.

Anyone have any experience one way or the other with scar tissue? Is all uterine scar tissue considered 'Asherman's syndrome' or just certain kinds? How worried should I be?
**Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

Re: Scar Tissue Worries

• No answers, but lots of (((hugs))) I hope it turns out to be no big deal.

Because of my history, I'm also being monitored more closely for fibroids coming back and/or scar tissue.
    imageimage
    BFP with #1 (twins!) 11/18/2011 - missed m/c at 8weeks3days; d&c 1/19/2012; myomectomy to remove 18cm+,10cm & 5cm fibroids 4/2012; TTC again 7/2012; BFP #2 (twins) 11/13/2012; missed m/c at 7weeks;
    BFP #3: baby girl born 3/5/2014

Balaustine: an anthology about wanting family
  • No advice but I wanted to give you (((hugs))) Hopefully its NBD.

TTC since August 2011
    BFP#1 3/16/12 EDD 11/21/12 Delivered 6/1/12 at 15 weeks 2 days
    "If there ever comes a day when we can't be together... Keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever." ~ Winnie the Pooh

BFP#2 4/14/13 EDD 12/24/13 Please be our rainbow after the storm!
    Beta#1 @ 15dpo 274, P4 16.9 Beta#2 @ 18dpo 940!! Doubling time of 40 hours!! u/s @ 6w2d showed a beautiful HB of 120! u/s @ 10w1d HB 174!! Grow, LO Grow!! Found out 7/22 we are TEAM BLUE!!
    Zaiden Harper was born 12/22/13 at 1:46 am. 9lbs 8oz and 22in
    ~*~AL Always Welcome~*~
    imageimage
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I don't have any experience Boots but I want to give you lots of hugs and hope you are able to get some answers at your appointment.

Me: 31 * DH: 33 * TTC since Sept 2012
    Hx of Pulmonary Embolisms, Right Sided Heart Failure and Nephrotic Syndrome 2001
    Dx w/ Hashimotos 1998 * Dx w/ Systemic Lupus 2005 * Dx w/ PCOS 2012
    Began working with RE Dec 2012February 2013: Clomid 100mg + Ovidrel  BFP # 1: 2/26/13 * EDD 11/9/13 * MMC at 7w5d -- 3/27/13 * D&C 3/28/13May 2013: Clomid 100mg + Ovidrel + PIO + Lovenox  BFP # 2: 6/6/13 * EDD 2/18/14 * MMC at 11w1d -- 7/31/13 * D&C 8/1/13RPL Testing & Karotyping was normal for both of usEmbryo testing was inconclusiveBenched July 2013- January 2014 due to Lupus FlareWTF appt 2/12/14IVF is OUT and Clomid + Ovidrel + Endometrium is in... AGAINBFP # 3: 2/28/14 * EDD: 11/12/14 * CP 3/1/14TTC on our own until April 2014*A persons a person no matter how small*
    My Ovulation Chart
    imageimage
    *All PgAL/PAL Welcome*

• pkarenpkaren member
    I had scar tissue after my first D&C, which was technically called Cervical Stenosis, rather than Asherman's. My scar tissue blocked the opening to my cervix. As Rosie mentioned, Baroogirl had a severe case of scar tissue, she said it was like spider webs in her ute. She was able to get pg, but lost it, I believe in first tri. After having surgery to remove it, she now has a beautiful baby girl. The problem with scar tissue is that your ute will not grow or stretch with the pregnancy as it should, it will inhibit the embryo from implanting (obvi not the case for you) or it can stop your cervix from dilating during labour, making it necessary to have a CS. It all really depends on alot of different variables what, if any complications can or will arise. Like how much and where the scar tissue is.

It's understandable that you're so freaked out, hopefully your Dr can give you some answers about how worried you should be about it. Big ((HUGS)).
    BFP #1: 12/26/11, EDD 09/05/12; m/c discovered: 02/22/12 @ 12w u/s,
    D&C: 03/08/12 Waited for AF for 146 long days!
    Hysteroscopy/D&C on July 10th to fix blocked cervix (DX: Cervical Stenosis)
    BFP #2 12/8/12, EDD 08/21/13 Our rainbow arrived 08/24/13!
    imageimageimage

Follow Me on Pinterest

• EKGibsEKGibs member
    Sorry you are having to deal with this, Boots!((((hugs))))
    TTC since 4/28/07
    Diagnosed w/ endometriosis 12/2010 Laproscopic surgery & 6 months of Lupron
    BFP 12/17/2011,EDD 8/23/12,ectopic discovered 12/29/11 at 6 weeks recieved methotrexate
    Dec '12 HSG & ultrasound showed abnormalities & more endo. Laproscopic surgery in January '13 showed significant damage & scar tissue from Endo. IVF is our best shot to concieve our rainbow.

June '13 Decided to go the adoption route!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

imageimageFollow Me on Pinterestimageimageimage

***PGAL/PAL WELCOME***

• I don't have an experience but *BIG HUGS* :( sorry this is scaring you bunny, hopefully you'll get some positive answers
    BFP#1 9/28/2012 - EDD 6/3/2013 - MMC discovered 11/21/2012 @ 12w2d - D&C 11/24/2012
    BFP#2 4/4/2013 - Born at 37w3d on 11/26/13 via emergency c-section
    Loving our beautiful rainbow baby boy Archer!

~*All AL Welcome*~
  • A band of scar tissue was discovered at my NT scan. I never really had time to freak out about it because there was also an abnormality of the nuchal fold discovered at that time, and that consumed my fears. I continued to see an MFM doc and had more frequent ultrasounds to monitor baby and the scar tissue. Eventually, baby grew so big, he just pushed that band of tissue off to the side and it could no longer be seen. I think we stopped seeing it at 30 weeks.

I had my last scan with the MFM doc at 36 weeks, and my little man is big and healthy and will hopefully make his grand entrance in the next few weeks!

I hope my pretty story is encouraging for you. Be sure to ask a lot of questions and maybe suggest more frequent monitoring to calm you fears.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • A band of scar tissue was discovered at my NT scan. I never really had time to freak out about it because there was also an abnormality of the nuchal fold discovered at that time, and that consumed my fears. I continued to see an MFM doc and had more frequent ultrasounds to monitor baby and the scar tissue. Eventually, baby grew so big, he just pushed that band of tissue off to the side and it could no longer be seen. I think we stopped seeing it at 30 weeks. I had my last scan with the MFM doc at 36 weeks, and my little man is big and healthy and will hopefully make his grand entrance in the next few weeks! I hope my pretty story is encouraging for you. Be sure to ask a lot of questions and maybe suggest more frequent monitoring to calm you fears.
    Thank you, yes!
    **Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• lvnbraveslvnbraves member
    edited July 2013
    I had a D&C last year and at the NT scan with this pregnancy, they saw scar tissue.  Said it wasn't a big concern, but could because it's "stringy", it could wrap around fingers/toes and cause amputation (cue my freak out). Went on to say that it was very rare and they just have to tell you to cover their practice. At the anatomy scan, at 21 weeks, it was gone.  They couldn't see it on the scan at all, despite searching for it.

I also have pretty big fibroids (did during my prior pregnancy with DS) and they have not been a problem for me.  Early on, there was concern because of the location of one of them and potentially needing a c-section, but as my uterus grew, it moved.

My ticker has gone away, but I'll be 30 weeks on Friday.

Just wanted to share that it can go away and not lead to problems.

Good luck and fingers crossed for you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Emergency ileostomy 11/28/10, CF dx on 12/3/10 and ileostomy takedown 1/24/11, feeding tube placed 7/1/11...still going strong! Little one lost 5w5d, 5/27/2012. CP 8/26/2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"