3rd Trimester

free breast pump (this is not an automated message or a scam)

I read an article on here that said you may be able to get a free breast pump through your insurance company, so I figured it was worth making the call. I talked to a representative from my insurance company and they said under the Affordable Care Act that came with the health care reform many insurance companies are covering the costs of electric breast pumps either in part or in full. I found out that my insurance company is covering the cost in full, its at least worth making the call to find out.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: free breast pump (this is not an automated message or a scam)

• Yup. Just ordered mine yesterday.
    Baby Q born on 7/20/2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • jlm538jlm538 member
    It was totally worth the call. Harvard Pilgrim provides a free electric breast pump. You need a prescription from your doctor, which you take to an in network medical supply store and the cost is covered. So funny to ask for a prescription for a breast pump lol
  • Loading the player...
  • I had to go through a few hoops and multiple phone calls to the medical supply place, BUT when all was said and done... It's worth it! Mine was completely covered by my insurance. I got the Ameda Purely Yours and it comes with all the accessories.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Aug.13 May Siggy Challenge: Moms
  • I have Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama and they will only cover the rental cost of a manual (gross!) unless we have a sick or premature baby. I ordered a healthy, term baby, but was lucky to get a pump for a shower gift.
    November: Doing my own thing

• I have Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama and they will only cover the rental cost of a manual (gross!) unless we have a sick or premature baby. I ordered a healthy, term baby, but was lucky to get a pump for a shower gift.
    Entirely depends on your plan, I have them also but my plan covers 100% of a double-electric.
    Due with #5 April 22, 2015. It's a girl!!!!! 

Yes it was planned, yes we know what causes that, no we are not on public assistance, and yes we will be getting cable after this. ;)

• Depends on your plan and make sure you ask whether it's electric or manual because some of them are trying to get by cheap by only providing manual ones.

photo b2867ff1-04fd-412f-991f-a3e09638ec0f_zps4503f4a7.jpg 

• I also heard this so I called my insurance, BCBS,and they covered 100% of a Medela double electric pump! I picked it up last Thursday. I was soo excited :)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • roo1ooroo1oo member
    I've got BCBS HMO as well and they cover 100% of a Medela double electric pump but I can't order it until I deliver and have to have a doctors prescription, and I have to go through one of their supply companies. Luckily they have a ton of places that are local that I can just go in and pick it up a few days after I order it. 
    image    BabyFruit Ticker
  • alicia023 said:
    I also heard this so I called my insurance, BCBS,and they covered 100% of a Medela double electric pump! I picked it up last Thursday. I was soo excited :)

Same for me except I can't pick it up until after baby is born. I don't need a script I just have to walk into the office, which is next to my pediactricans, and give them my insurance card.
    Married 2006
    DS1 2010
    DS2 2013
    DD1 2016
  • Mine covered a single electric, just had to pay the difference for a double. But $100 vs $300 so Ill take it! Got the Medela PISA!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers.
    image image image. image
  • I am SO making that phone call on Monday! thank you for this!!
  • Dont bother calling if you have tricare, they are exempt and are not providing them unless your baby is premature

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm getting a free one too! I can't get it till after baby is born but I'm so thrilled! They told me its a Medela double electric, but didn't say specifically which one. I don't care though because all the double electric ones look great to me! Hoping I can successfully BF this time with the help of a good pump!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Yep, some insurance company's cover medical supplies. I would hardly call it "free" though.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"