TTC After a Loss

¤°.¸¸.•´¯`»★ TTCAL Newbie Check-In ★«´¯`•.¸¸.°¤

*Please note that I will be away with little to no internet access all of next week, so I won't be able to run the checkin on Tuesday, Aug. 6.  I will pick it back up on Tuesday, Aug. 13.

Welcome to TTC After Loss. I'm so sorry for your loss but am happy you have found us. ((hugs)) This board is full of brilliant and kind women who have experienced the hardship of losing that which is most precious, and I hope you find great comfort and support here in your journey to your rainbow baby.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

For those of you so new you don't know the routine, this is a checkin for newer members of the TTCAL Board. My board name is gscoville, but you can just call me G or GS.  Please feel free to use this space to ask those "newbie" questions that feel intimidating to ask on the main board, I will try my best to get you an answer.

Please take the time to read the TTCAL blog to answer any questions you may have regarding our board etiquette, TTC, miscarriages & loss, and much more: https://www.ttcalblog.blogspot.com/  

If you are a checkin regular and get a BFP, please PM me so that I can add it to the weekly checkin with a warning for other members.

Finally, if you haven't done so, please post your introduction on the main board including your story.

For everyone: How are you doing? Any news besides what I've asked about here?  Please, if you missed last week’s checkin so don’t have an update here to reply to, post an update and let me know how things are going for you!

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

Updates from last week:

Mr. & Mrs. Woodtick:  Have you heard from your doctor’s office yet?  Waiting really sucks!  I’m glad you’re now off the bench and back in TTC-land ((hugs))

ksyknelvr73:  ((huge hugs)) and I’m so sorry for what you’re going through, please take care of yourself!

HeyMrsPotter:  Looks like we’re pretty much cycle buddies, same CD and I’m just a day ahead DPO.  Looks like you had better luck with the FW sex than we did though, FX this is your cycle!

sunnydaysarehere:  Welcome to the checkin ((hugs))  Any signs of AF since last week? 

Twirple:  I noticed you didn’t keep checking CM/CP or testing with OPK after the 27th.  For future charts, that’s something you might actually consider doing, as when you’re new to charting FF is really looking for as much info as possible to ‘figure you out’.  I do, if only to make sure of my O date, as sometimes conditions can change when FF marks your ovulation.  Looks like you had a clear temp spike though, hopefully those post-O temps continue to climb as well!

MollySM:  It looks like you might be gearing up to O soon, are you also using OPKs? 

Mrs+Hebert:  How did your ultrasound go last week?  FX all is good and you are in the works for IUI. ((hugs))

E&B0811:   Welcome to the checkin ((hugs))  How are you doing this week?

shandorfml2:  Oh boy, still no O yet, I’m so sorry your cycles are just being so mean to you ((hugs))

mmnumber5:  How are things for you this week?

kistyW13:  Wow, those are quite the temp swings on your chart!  Looks like a solid O for you though.  How was your beta this week, or have you had it yet?

kggMom:  Welcome to the checkin ((hugs))  How are you doing this week?

aztoid2006:  Unfortunately it’s hard to advise on managing hopes, other than to say that after time it does just get easier.  I try to convince myself I’m just out every cycle so as not to hope too much, but I really don’t think I believe myself in that regard, I’ve had a longer than my usual LP the last handful of cycles and that just helps to raise my hope levels to code red.  But as crushed as I am when I get my BFN, life does just really go on. 

AnyMax:  Welcome to the checkin ((hugs))  How did your betas come back last week?  Do you have an appointment scheduled with the new RE?

L&C2010:   Wow, I’m so sorry you’ve been kept on the hook for so long regarding that promotion, but it sounds promising that you’re still in the running!

LaRomana09:   So, what’s the ultimate verdict on not temping through the 2WW?  I see you did temp towards the end there.  So sorry you’re on to a new cycle this week ((hugs))

lingchow8655:  Welcome to the checkin ((hugs))  How are you doing this week?

chknma:  Welcome to the checkin ((hugs))  FX that temp drop is signaling impending AF so you can move forward with TTC.

panther422516:  Welcome to the checkin ((hugs))  How has your week been?

+yuMMMy+:  It’s great to hear that you’re really liking your new OB, and that you’re feeling positive as you move forward with things!

rmpar29:   How goes the temping?  You should add a link to your chart in your siggy so we can help if you have any questions along the way.

nyg2042:  How was the soccer camp last week?  Sounds like fun!  I am sorry for the negative this morning ((hugs))  FX it’s just too early and those temps stay up for you.

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

Quote of the Week:

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

Question of the Week:  What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?

I went to China as part of a school trip, and while there we ate 1000 year old egg - of course, the egg isn't actually that old, but it is an egg that has been buried for weeks to months before eating.  It really is as gross as it sounds, hard to believe it's a delicacy! lol

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

Re: ¤°.¸¸.•´¯`»★ TTCAL Newbie Check-In ★«´¯`•.¸¸.°¤

• TwirpleTwirple member
    edited July 2013
    Twirple:  I noticed you didn’t keep checking CM/CP or testing with OPK after the 27th.  For future charts, that’s something you might actually consider doing, as when you’re new to charting FF is really looking for as much info as possible to ‘figure you out’.  I do, if only to make sure of my O date, as sometimes conditions can change when FF marks your ovulation.  Looks like you had a clear temp spike though, hopefully those post-O temps continue to climb as well!

Thank you for the advice on FF.  I stopped checking CM and CP, but I have been doing OPK's so I just added those results in.  I'll probably start checking CM and CP again.  I am definitely hoping the post-O temps continue to climb.  I'm nervous that it will drop and FF will change my O date.  If the O date is correct, my timing looks good.

QOTW:  I had soft gut soup at a local Korean restaurant.  The waitress thought I had ordered it by mistake.  It had a good flavor, but was a bit more chewy than I would like.

ETA QOTW.
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• shandorfml2:  Oh boy, still no O yet, I’m so sorry your cycles are just being so mean to you ((hugs))

Yes, but glad to report I got my first pos OPK EVER!  I am so excited!!!! Hope I really O this time! Totally DTD tonight and tomorrow for sure! maybe even Thurs!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• Loading the player...
  • HeyMrsPotter:  Looks like we’re pretty much cycle buddies, same CD and I’m just a day ahead DPO.  Looks like you had better luck with the FW sex than we did though, FX this is your cycle!

Hi, GS. Hooray for being cycle buddies! Yeah, we did manage reasonably well during my FW, so I feel OK as I can about things at this point in the cycle. I'm sure I'll get more anxious as potential testing/AF time gets closer. 

I'm still new at reading charts, but it looks to me like you should have every reason to believe your'e in the game this cycle too, right? I see your slight temp drop followed by another increase... FX those temps continue heading in the right direction.
  • oh, and grossest food? Really haven't eaten anything weird I don't think. I do think miracle whip is nasty.

My Blog

Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• shandorfml2:  Oh boy, still no O yet, I’m so sorry your cycles are just being so mean to you ((hugs))

Yes, but glad to report I got my first pos OPK EVER!  I am so excited!!!! Hope I really O this time! Totally DTD tonight and tomorrow for sure! maybe even Thurs!

Woohoo!!  You go get some girl! :D

imageimage

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Twirple said:
    Twirple:  I noticed you didn’t keep checking CM/CP or testing with OPK after the 27th.  For future charts, that’s something you might actually consider doing, as when you’re new to charting FF is really looking for as much info as possible to ‘figure you out’.  I do, if only to make sure of my O date, as sometimes conditions can change when FF marks your ovulation.  Looks like you had a clear temp spike though, hopefully those post-O temps continue to climb as well!

Thank you for the advice on FF.  I stopped checking CM and CP, but I have been doing OPK's so I just added those results in.  I'll probably start checking CM and CP again.  I am definitely hoping the post-O temps continue to climb.  I'm nervous that it will drop and FF will change my O date.  If the O date is correct, my timing looks good.

QOTW:  I had soft gut soup at a local Korean restaurant.  The waitress thought I had ordered it by mistake.  It had a good flavor, but was a bit more chewy than I would like.

ETA QOTW.

Ah there you go, I see the OPKs now.  :)

imageimage

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Whoop whoop! It's like Christmas. It's sad really...I came running out of the bathroom to H "I got a smiley faceee!!!!" Jeez.

That old egg sounds really gross btw.

My Blog

Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• HeyMrsPotter:  Looks like we’re pretty much cycle buddies, same CD and I’m just a day ahead DPO.  Looks like you had better luck with the FW sex than we did though, FX this is your cycle!

Hi, GS. Hooray for being cycle buddies! Yeah, we did manage reasonably well during my FW, so I feel OK as I can about things at this point in the cycle. I'm sure I'll get more anxious as potential testing/AF time gets closer. 

I'm still new at reading charts, but it looks to me like you should have every reason to believe your'e in the game this cycle too, right? I see your slight temp drop followed by another increase... FX those temps continue heading in the right direction.

Thanks!  FF originally had me Oing on CD9/Sunday, which would have been 0-2 timing, but probably because of the +OPK and the higher temp shift later, landed CHs on CD11/Tuesday, which is 0-4.  So we'll see how it all pans out!  I'm just impressed with your timing, three times in four days is something I only wish hubby and I could manage sometimes! lol

imageimage

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• HeyMrsPotterHeyMrsPotter member
    edited July 2013
    gscoville said:
    HeyMrsPotter:  Looks like we’re pretty much cycle buddies, same CD and I’m just a day ahead DPO.  Looks like you had better luck with the FW sex than we did though, FX this is your cycle!

Thanks!  FF originally had me Oing on CD9/Sunday, which would have been 0-2 timing, but probably because of the +OPK and the higher temp shift later, landed CHs on CD11/Tuesday, which is 0-4.  So we'll see how it all pans out!  I'm just impressed with your timing, three times in four days is something I only wish hubby and I could manage sometimes! lol

MH has ED issues sometimes, so I'm impressed with our effort this cycle too. It wasn't always pretty, but we got it done!

ETA: Hoping for you that your timing was actually a bit better than FF's interpretation indicates.

• MollySM:  It looks like you might be gearing up to O soon, are you also using OPKs?

I am not using OPKs.  Temping is turning me into a crazy person.  I am not sure doing more things is a good idea.  I was so used to not needing to do any of this before the miscarriage - it's still hard for me to wrap my head around an irregular cycle.  But if things don't get more normal soon I'll probably add them in.

I had strong O pains two nights ago, so we were hoping that yesterday was O day.  If not then I guess we'll just see what happens next.  

QOTD : I ate frogs' legs when I was younger.  Tasted like chicken.

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• nyg2042nyg2042 member
    edited July 2013
    Hey gcos! I see you are sitting tight in the 2WW. How are you doing?

Yes, my temps are staying high, but I'm pretty much just waiting for AF now. I'm hoping she shows soon. I'm having a tough time handling this cycle and the BFNs, so I just need to move on.

I'm a very picky eater, so I really do not eat anything that I would consider strange...I'm boring. Although many people who aren't from NJ would probably consider Taylor Ham strange....

BFP #1 : 3/20/13 | EDD: 12/1/13 | MC: 4/15/13 

BFP #2: 1/9/14 | EDD: 9/21/14  

Welcomed our rainbow bear on 8/31/14

My Chart | All are Welcome

• chknmachknma member

chknma:  Welcome to the checkin ((hugs))  FX that temp drop is signaling impending AF so you can move forward with TTC.

I'm less of a grump about AF this afternoon then this morning. I know that this cycle is expected to be crazy after the CP, but when FF originally said O date on the 18th I felt like I had some type of pattern compared to last TTC cycle. oh well. I'm just trying to be hopeful that she'll show up in the next week regardless. my longest cycle even after first CP was only 33 days, so I'm pretty sure anything longer then that would drive me extra crazy! FX she shows before then.

QOTW: I really can't think of anything too crazy that I've eaten- maybe escargot, when my high school French class went on a field trip...nothing too exotic. DH got all hyped op this spring about going "gigging" for frogs.....he even welded these crazy frog spear things....I would be willing to try them at a reputable restaurant, but not in my own backyard!

little chkn born 06/30/11

baby chkn born 04/22/14

05/13 image 07/13

• Hey GS, are you going somewhere fun?  No internet access is great on vacation IMO ;)

LaRomana09:   So, what’s the ultimate verdict on not temping through the 2WW?  I see you did temp towards the end there.  So sorry you’re on to a new cycle this week ((hugs))

I actually do think not temping helped my anxiety during the TWW.  I temped on 13DPO because my usual LP is 10-12 days, and I would normally at least have spotting by 12DPO...so when I didn't, and I had a - HPT at 12DPO, I decided to temp to have an idea of what was going on.  It was really unfortunate that my LP was longer than usual on this cycle, bc I had started to get my hopes up when AF didn't show on time, but oh well, at least it kept me relaxed for the majority of the TWW!

QOTW:  By far the weirdest thing I've ever eaten is halo halo (which means mix mix) in the Philippines.  It's like an ice cream sundae with all kinds of weird crap on it, including creamed corn.  It might have been okay except for the creamed corn, but that was just too much!

My Ovulation Chart
    TTC since March 2012 
    BFP #1 1/29/13, EDD 10/9/13 
    MMC discovered at 10 weeks (baby measured 9 weeks) D&C on 3/16/13 
    BFP #2  CP on 3/31/14
    BFP #3  8/11/14  EDD 4/22/14
  • Hi GS! Considering today is my 6 month anniversary of my loss, I guess I don't consider myself a newbie anymore, so this can be my last check-in. Mrs+Hebert: How did your ultrasound go last week? FX all is good and you are in the works for IUI. ((hugs)) Ultrasound was good, hopefully if timing is good we will try an IUI this weekend. I think right now I am calmer than before, but Im sure I will be anxious come Friday. Thanks so much for letting me be a part of this check in the past few months!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married 9/18/10
    TTC 1/1/12
    BFP #1 12/13/12 MMC Confirmed 1/30/13
    BFP #2 6/17/13, (Clomid+Ovidrel) CP Confirmed 6/26/13
    BFP #3 8/14/2013 (Letrozole+IUI) Charlie Grace born 5/2/2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Laparoscopic surgery 8/15 to remove misplaced IUD

BFP #4, #5, #6  (Letrozole+IUI)all MMC, BFP #7 EDD 1/3/2017

• MollySm said:

MollySM:  It looks like you might be gearing up to O soon, are you also using OPKs?

I am not using OPKs.  Temping is turning me into a crazy person.  I am not sure doing more things is a good idea.  I was so used to not needing to do any of this before the miscarriage - it's still hard for me to wrap my head around an irregular cycle.  But if things don't get more normal soon I'll probably add them in.

I had strong O pains two nights ago, so we were hoping that yesterday was O day.  If not then I guess we'll just see what happens next.  

QOTD : I ate frogs' legs when I was younger.  Tasted like chicken.

I've always heard that about frog legs. :D

Here's hoping things normalize for you soon!

imageimage

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• nyg2042 said:
    Hey gcos! I see you are sitting tight in the 2WW. How are you doing?

Yes, my temps are staying high, but I'm pretty much just waiting for AF now. I'm hoping she shows soon. I'm having a tough time handling this cycle and the BFNs, so I just need to move on.

I'm a very picky eater, so I really do not eat anything that I would consider strange...I'm boring. Although many people who aren't from NJ would probably consider Taylor Ham strange....

I had to google Taylor Ham, but it looks good to me!

imageimage

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• chknma said:

I'm less of a grump about AF this afternoon then this morning. I know that this cycle is expected to be crazy after the CP, but when FF originally said O date on the 18th I felt like I had some type of pattern compared to last TTC cycle. oh well. I'm just trying to be hopeful that she'll show up in the next week regardless. my longest cycle even after first CP was only 33 days, so I'm pretty sure anything longer then that would drive me extra crazy! FX she shows before then.

QOTW: I really can't think of anything too crazy that I've eaten- maybe escargot, when my high school French class went on a field trip...nothing too exotic. DH got all hyped op this spring about going "gigging" for frogs.....he even welded these crazy frog spear things....I would be willing to try them at a reputable restaurant, but not in my own backyard!

I hear you on the reputable restaurant requirement!

My first cycles post loss was a doozy, FF gave me CHs for CD17 which it never took away, but I didn't get my next period until CD44. That would have meant a 26 day LP, unlikely so I clearly didn't actually O when FF thought I did. Things can be so wonky after a loss, it sure is frustrating!

imageimage

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Hey GS, are you going somewhere fun?  No internet access is great on vacation IMO ;)

LaRomana09:   So, what’s the ultimate verdict on not temping through the 2WW?  I see you did temp towards the end there.  So sorry you’re on to a new cycle this week ((hugs))

I actually do think not temping helped my anxiety during the TWW.  I temped on 13DPO because my usual LP is 10-12 days, and I would normally at least have spotting by 12DPO...so when I didn't, and I had a - HPT at 12DPO, I decided to temp to have an idea of what was going on.  It was really unfortunate that my LP was longer than usual on this cycle, bc I had started to get my hopes up when AF didn't show on time, but oh well, at least it kept me relaxed for the majority of the TWW!

QOTW:  By far the weirdest thing I've ever eaten is halo halo (which means mix mix) in the Philippines.  It's like an ice cream sundae with all kinds of weird crap on it, including creamed corn.  It might have been okay except for the creamed corn, but that was just too much!

I'm heading down to the Okanagan with my mom to visit my daughter at college and staying with my aunt and uncle who live there too. They have an ancient computer that may or may not have Internet, and we'll be pretty busy touring around and such anyways, so I'll be AWOL for most of the week. Waterslides for sure though, I love 'em!

I'm glad you found some relaxation and peace with your decision not to temp, I likely won't be temping once we leave on Friday and I think it'll be awesome!

I like creamed corn, but on ice cream?? :-&

imageimage

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Hi GS! Considering today is my 6 month anniversary of my loss, I guess I don't consider myself a newbie anymore, so this can be my last check-in. Mrs+Hebert: How did your ultrasound go last week? FX all is good and you are in the works for IUI. ((hugs)) Ultrasound was good, hopefully if timing is good we will try an IUI this weekend. I think right now I am calmer than before, but Im sure I will be anxious come Friday. Thanks so much for letting me be a part of this check in the past few months!

((Huge hugs)) Thank you for all of your contributions to the checkin over your time here, and best of luck heading into IUI!!

imageimage

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• gscoville said:
    I'm heading down to the Okanagan with my mom to visit my daughter at college and staying with my aunt and uncle who live there too. They have an ancient computer that may or may not have Internet, and we'll be pretty busy touring around and such anyways, so I'll be AWOL for most of the week. Waterslides for sure though, I love 'em! 

I'm glad you found some relaxation and peace with your decision not to temp, I likely won't be temping once we leave on Friday and I think it'll be awesome!

I've actually heard of that place!  I have a friend who lives in Calgary and she raved about the wine from there.  Have a wonderful time!

My Ovulation Chart
    TTC since March 2012 
    BFP #1 1/29/13, EDD 10/9/13 
    MMC discovered at 10 weeks (baby measured 9 weeks) D&C on 3/16/13 
    BFP #2  CP on 3/31/14
    BFP #3  8/11/14  EDD 4/22/14
  • aztoid2006aztoid2006 member
    edited July 2013
    Hey ladies, thanks for the check in. Not much new here. I stopped temping last cycle during my 2 WW, and that was good for me! I'll probably do that again this cycle, after I'm sure I O'd. Thanks for sharing about hopes each cycle! As for the GTKY, I am a chicken and won't try anything new (I won't even try fish)! BTW...congrats on winning the July Siggy =D>
    Pinterest
    My Blog- Life With a Toddler
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#2 12/2/12 EDD 8/26/13; No heartbeat at 6w6d on 1/4/13; D&C 1/5/13
    My Ovulation Chart
    PgAL/PAL Always Welcome
  • Hi everyone :)

I'm new here.  I'm trying to avoid until at least October so that my body and spirit can heal a bit and I can focus on getting my blood sugars calm as well as my thyroid antibodies.  I'm so sorry for all of your losses and I hope and pray that this board is flooded with good news asap.

QOTD: I eat a lot of gross things so this is hard lol.  I think the weirdest thing I ever ate was hmm....I really don't know, but vanilla ice cream with baked beans comes to mind because of the Filipino ice cream mentioned here (which I have also tried, but don't like).

DD born 6.13.11 at 37w5d

DS born 5.23.12 at 36w5d

BFP 6.9.13|heartbeat of 128bpm 7weeks|7.23.13 ultrasound revealed no heartbeat|natural m/c and d&c 7.25.13

DS born 5.20.14 at 38 weeks

All are welcome

• I'm another newbie.  I am about 2 weeks into my first cycle since my most recent loss and the doctor gave me the go ahead yesterday to start trying again!  We are working with one tube (after an ectopic in 10/2012).

I don't use FF, but I do track my cycles on an app on my phone.  I'm CD13 today.

QOTD: The weirdest thing I have ever eaten was pig tail.  It looked like a curly fry.  And honestly, it didn't taste much different.  It was like leather though and REALLY hard to chew!

• Hi GS!

E&B0811: Welcome to the checkin ((hugs)) How are you doing this week?

I'm pretty ok this week. I finally got a bfn on a hpt so I am impatiently waiting on AF now. I hope she comes (and goes) soon as once that's over we can TTC again.

Today is 4 weeks since my loss and each day is a little easier. I had to go to a work event tonight, though, and everyone was talking about kids. It was a little much for me. Otherwise, I am ok this week.

How are you?

Pregnancy Ticker

BFP 5/19/2013. MC 7/2/2013 (9w6d) with est. loss at 8w. Miso 7/3/2013 and emergency D & C 7/6/2013.

BFP#2 11/6/2013.  CP 11/14/2013.  

BFP #3 12/13/2013.  Beta #1 @ 15dpo- 239. Progesterone 27.  Beta #2 @17dpo - 90.  CP 12/21/2013

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  -Philippians 4:6-7

All PgAL and PAL welcome.

• Oh, and weirdest thing I ever ate...sweetbreads. Look it up. Gross.

Pregnancy Ticker

BFP 5/19/2013. MC 7/2/2013 (9w6d) with est. loss at 8w. Miso 7/3/2013 and emergency D & C 7/6/2013.

BFP #3 12/13/2013.  Beta #1 @ 15dpo- 239. Progesterone 27.  Beta #2 @17dpo - 90.  CP 12/21/2013

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  -Philippians 4:6-7

• gscoville said:

I've actually heard of that place!  I have a friend who lives in Calgary and she raved about the wine from there.  Have a wonderful time!

Thanks! There are a bazillion wineries in the Okanagan and I hope to hit at least one up!

imageimage

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Hey ladies, thanks for the check in. Not much new here. I stopped temping last cycle during my 2 WW, and that was good for me! I'll probably do that again this cycle, after I'm sure I O'd. Thanks for sharing about hopes each cycle! As for the GTKY, I am a chicken and won't try anything new (I won't even try fish)! BTW...congrats on winning the July Siggy =D>

I didn't even know congrats were in order, cool! Good ol' Anne with an 'e' :D

imageimage

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Hi everyone :)

I'm new here.  I'm trying to avoid until at least October so that my body and spirit can heal a bit and I can focus on getting my blood sugars calm as well as my thyroid antibodies.  I'm so sorry for all of your losses and I hope and pray that this board is flooded with good news asap.

QOTD: I eat a lot of gross things so this is hard lol.  I think the weirdest thing I ever ate was hmm....I really don't know, but vanilla ice cream with baked beans comes to mind because of the Filipino ice cream mentioned here (which I have also tried, but don't like).

Welcome to the checkin ((hugs))  I'm glad you're taking the time you need to heal both physically and emotionally before TTC again, that's so important.

imageimage

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• allie482 said:

I'm another newbie.  I am about 2 weeks into my first cycle since my most recent loss and the doctor gave me the go ahead yesterday to start trying again!  We are working with one tube (after an ectopic in 10/2012).

I don't use FF, but I do track my cycles on an app on my phone.  I'm CD13 today.

QOTD: The weirdest thing I have ever eaten was pig tail.  It looked like a curly fry.  And honestly, it didn't taste much different.  It was like leather though and REALLY hard to chew!

Welcome to the checkin ((hugs))  I'm actually a one-tuber after an ectopic as well!

imageimage

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• E&B0811 said:
    Hi GS! E&B0811: Welcome to the checkin ((hugs)) How are you doing this week? I'm pretty ok this week. I finally got a bfn on a hpt so I am impatiently waiting on AF now. I hope she comes (and goes) soon as once that's over we can TTC again. Today is 4 weeks since my loss and each day is a little easier. I had to go to a work event tonight, though, and everyone was talking about kids. It was a little much for me. Otherwise, I am ok this week. How are you?
    I'm sorry you had to deal with the work issue, I've experienced a lot of that since my loss as well and it seems especially hard to have to hold it together while at work, ugh ((hugs))

imageimage

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• AnyMaxAnyMax member
    edited July 2013
    G, thanks for the checkin.  Hope you have a good time next week

AnyMax:
      Welcome to the checkin ((hugs))  How did your betas come back last week?  Do you have an appointment scheduled with the new RE?
    Betas were below 5, so I am officially done with the craptastic OB I was seeing (woohoo). 
    I saw the RE on Thursday, came up with a temporary game plan and officially benched for two cycles right now.  I think it went well.  Did a lot of blood work, took some cultures, and an ultrasound.  Will schedule a saline u/s once AF comes.  So far the only "answer" we do have is that I have a LP defect and will have to use progesterone cream going forward.  He thinks, if nothing else is found from the tests, the LP defect could possibly have been the cause of all this.  Once all the results are back, we will sit down and reevaluate our plan.  

Question of the Week:  What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten? 
    Nothing really comes to mind.  DH says most of my food combinations are weird, so I guess very little strikes me as weird.

• AnyMax said:
    G, thanks for the checkin.  Hope you have a good time next week

AnyMax:  Welcome to the checkin ((hugs))  How did your betas come back last week?  Do you have an appointment scheduled with the new RE?
    Betas were below 5, so I am officially done with the craptastic OB I was seeing (woohoo). 
    I saw the RE on Thursday, came up with a temporary game plan and officially benched for two cycles right now.  I think it went well.  Did a lot of blood work, took some cultures, and an ultrasound.  Will schedule a saline u/s once AF comes.  So far the only "answer" we do have is that I have a LP defect and will have to use progesterone cream going forward.  He thinks, if nothing else is found from the tests, the LP defect could possibly have been the cause of all this.  Once all the results are back, we will sit down and reevaluate our plan.  

Question of the Week:  What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten? 
    Nothing really comes to mind.  DH says most of my food combinations are weird, so I guess very little strikes me as weird.
    Having a plan is such a good thing, I'm glad you're there and your betas are down!

imageimage

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• lingchow8655:  Welcome to the checkin ((hugs))  How are you doing this week?

Thanks for the hugs! and here is some ((hugs)) for all of you wonderful ladies!!!! Im doing pretty good this week. I have my ups and downs but all in all im handing in there. 1 more week of work and my DH and I are going to go on a camping trip! Im really excited

I hope you have a wonderful week camping, should be a nice getaway!

imageimage

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• gscoville said:
    Hi GS! Considering today is my 6 month anniversary of my loss, I guess I don't consider myself a newbie anymore, so this can be my last check-in. Mrs+Hebert: How did your ultrasound go last week? FX all is good and you are in the works for IUI. ((hugs)) Ultrasound was good, hopefully if timing is good we will try an IUI this weekend. I think right now I am calmer than before, but Im sure I will be anxious come Friday. Thanks so much for letting me be a part of this check in the past few months!

((Huge hugs)) Thank you for all of your contributions to the checkin over your time here, and best of luck heading into IUI!!
    Good luck Mrs H!

My Blog

Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• Hello I'm new here...I posted a somewhat intro a couple weeks back and have been reading and posting on peoples threads......mainly not a full intro because I'm in the in between faze of am I or not ttc again.....and had questions I posted on multiple boards as to try and not offend anyone anywhere.......present day story. ....I tested at 10dpo got bfn......waiting till tomorrow to test again...af due fri....the wait is killing me I was just going to wait till fri see if af comes instead of waisting money but I'm going to gym thur and if I am pg I can't get hr over 140.......

A question I have that haven't posted yet is how does all this chating and temping work..I signed up for ff but haven't looked at it much as I started mid cycl....thanks

Weirdest thing I've had is frog legs ....but I'll hopefully be going to the state fair were there r so many other weird things to try
  • Hello I'm new here...I posted a somewhat intro a couple weeks back and have been reading and posting on peoples threads......mainly not a full intro because I'm in the in between faze of am I or not ttc again.....and had questions I posted on multiple boards as to try and not offend anyone anywhere.......present day story. ....I tested at 10dpo got bfn......waiting till tomorrow to test again...af due fri....the wait is killing me I was just going to wait till fri see if af comes instead of waisting money but I'm going to gym thur and if I am pg I can't get hr over 140.......

A question I have that haven't posted yet is how does all this chating and temping work..I signed up for ff but haven't looked at it much as I started mid cycl....thanks

Weirdest thing I've had is frog legs ....but I'll hopefully be going to the state fair were there r so many other weird things to try

Everyone is down on frog legs! They are delish. When I was a kid there was a special restaurant we'd go to just for the fried frog legs. Yummy!!

Pregnancy Ticker

• E&B0811 said:

Hello I'm new here...I posted a somewhat intro a couple weeks back and have been reading and posting on peoples threads......mainly not a full intro because I'm in the in between faze of am I or not ttc again.....and had questions I posted on multiple boards as to try and not offend anyone anywhere.......present day story. ....I tested at 10dpo got bfn......waiting till tomorrow to test again...af due fri....the wait is killing me I was just going to wait till fri see if af comes instead of waisting money but I'm going to gym thur and if I am pg I can't get hr over 140.......

Everyone is down on frog legs! They are delish. When I was a kid there was a special restaurant we'd go to just for the fried frog legs. Yummy!!

I got tricked into eating them I was told they were southern chicken wings......
  • gscoville said:

Hi everyone :)

Welcome to the checkin ((hugs))  I'm glad you're taking the time you need to heal both physically and emotionally before TTC again, that's so important.

Thanks for the welcome :)

DD born 6.13.11 at 37w5d

DS born 5.23.12 at 36w5d

BFP 6.9.13|heartbeat of 128bpm 7weeks|7.23.13 ultrasound revealed no heartbeat|natural m/c and d&c 7.25.13

DS born 5.20.14 at 38 weeks

All are welcome

• L&C2010:   Wow, I’m so sorry you’ve been kept on the hook for so long regarding that promotion, but it sounds promising that you’re still in the running!

Thanks. They put me on a big project last week so I'm excited for that. Also, they may be starting a work from home pilot that I may be a part of. That would be nice at least 1 day a week. No updates on the TTC front.  I think our BD timing has been off so we'll just have to do it a little more this cycle.

Question of the Week:  What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten? I'm pretty tame. I would say sushi or venison. But I plan on trying a lot more local, weird stuff when DH and I begin to travel again.

TTCAL September Siggy Challenge: Interesting Interspecies Interactions
    All AL Welcome   

• lingchow8655:  Welcome to the checkin ((hugs))  How are you doing this week?

Thanks for the hugs! and here is some ((hugs)) for all of you wonderful ladies!!!! Im doing pretty good this week. I have my ups and downs but all in all im handing in there. 1 more week of work and my DH and I are going to go on a camping trip! Im really excited
    <

That sounds like fun! We love to camp. Enjoy

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"