April 2014 Moms

FTM...nervous

STM... what did you do to prepare yourself as you waited for your first appointment? Mine is scheduled for Aug 19, and I'm starting to get very nervous that something would go wrong before then...I know it's out of our control, but how do you keep your mind at ease as you play this waiting game? TIA!

Re: FTM...nervous

• My 1st pregnancy I got in there the same day I got my BFP because I wanted confirmation bw of a blood test.  Then for some reason they did the first u/s at 6 weeks.  I changed insurances & covered providers so then the new ob wanted another u/w at 8 weeks.  Point is, I didn't have to wait around the 1st time.  This time, I guess I know my body so I'm more comfortable.

Were you charting/temping?  I chart and continue to take my temp every am so I know that as long as my temp is still high there's no indication of a miscarriage coming.  Some women continue to POAS & see if the + sign gets darker.  Stay positive, think positive & lean on us fellow Bumpies when you need to :)

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I didn't find out with my first until I was 8 weeks.  I thought all the tiredness, lack of period, etc was due to stress as I was student teaching.  Oops!  I was so upset when I had to wait ANOTHER 3 weeks to be since by anyone.  It all turned out fine though.  It's hard, but try to relax and stay active, eat well and it'll come soon enough.  Even though waiting is the worst!
  • Loading the player...
  • I think it's better to wait until you're a little further along before going in to the doctor. When baby's a little bit bigger it's a lot easier to either see on an ultrasound or hear the heartbeat via doppler machine. Going in early can be reassuring, but it can also make things worse — and an early ultrasound isn't going to tell you if there's going to be miscarriage. With my first pregnancy, I had my first appointment and heard my son's heartbeat with a doppler at around 11 weeks, but didn't have an ultrasound until the anatomy scan at 20 weeks. With my second pregnancy at a different OB that is very hot and heavy for ultrasounds, I had an early ultrasound at 6 weeks, saw the heartbeat, and then a week later had another confirming that growth had stopped at 6 weeks 1 day.
  • I totally agree with CurlieWhirlie's comment! I understand the stress, but I had my first appointement at 12 weeks for my first pregnancy and I have been able to ear the heart beat with the doppler, it was really comforting!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • My first appointment is the 17th and I am feeling anxious as well. I have PCOS so I know my chance of a mc is a bit higher, but staying calm and positive is very important!
  • I agree with CurlieWhirlie, an early ultrasound won't confirm much. I had an ultrasound with my first at 5 weeks because of pelvic pain, but all we saw was a sac, no heartbeat yet. I was so disappointed! Then at 9 weeks we saw the heartbeat and baby moving etc, but man those were the longest 4 weeks of my life. Trust me, I know how you're feeling, but that's why we have this amazing community of women in your same exact position to talk it out with :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"