High-Risk Pregnancy

Even Though We're Trying To Keep the Kids inside...

I know I'm further along than many and PTL issues are about to be in the past for me (or so my OB says) but as I'm getting anxious to keep in and meet our LO at the same time, I was wondering:

Are you doing anything to get ready for the baby/babies?  Is baby gear out? Hospital bags packed? Carseats in the car? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Even Though We're Trying To Keep the Kids inside...

• I had a little bit of the hospital bag packed, but after last night I think it's time to do it for real.  I made a list, now it's a matter of actually packing. ha.

Tonight, I'm making DH move DS's carseat from the middle of the car to behind the drivers seat (omg, i'm going to have a panic attack!) and instal the base for our infant carrier.

All of our baby gear is in the living room, covers have all been washed. DS is playing with a build a bear in the gear. We're teaching him slowly how to be gentile.

We're ready when she's ready...though I'd like at least one more week of cookin'

• We feel the same way! I am almost done getting the nursery together, and the carseats are in the car LOL

When my partner had thought her water broke, at first it was like omg the girls are coming i cant wait to see them, but then it was total fear because we remembered we were 28 weeks and the girls needed more time!

Definitely a time of mixed emotions!

@Wallace323 How's the new ride? I bet it looks pretty awesome with two cute seats in the back!

• Loading the player...
  • We have the bases installed in both cars, and the crib is set up, although I don't have bedding right now. DH is supposed to be getting the bassinet his sister got for her LO since she is sleeping in the crib now. Our shower is on my birthday, Aug 24th so we other than clothes we don't have a lot of stuff right now. I do have the bottles I used with DD, they were cleaned, sterilized and put in a cabinet, although I'm hoping breastfeeding works and I won't need them much.
    Otherwise we haven't done much. There is still stuff that I would have liked to rearrange but oh well.
    BFP 1/30/13 EDD 10/6/13Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Absoltely nothing is done. We went on vacation and came back when I was 23 weeks. I immediately went on bedrest. I was being superstitious and didn't want to get anything ready before 24 weeks. My husband and I just talked and we will do the registry online. The neonatologist told us last night that the kids will probably be in the NICU until their November due date.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have the bases installed in both cars, and the crib is set up, although I don't have bedding right now. DH is supposed to be getting the bassinet his sister got for her LO since she is sleeping in the crib now. Our shower is on my birthday, Aug 24th so we other than clothes we don't have a lot of stuff right now. I do have the bottles I used with DD, they were cleaned, sterilized and put in a cabinet, although I'm hoping breastfeeding works and I won't need them much.
    Otherwise we haven't done much. There is still stuff that I would have liked to rearrange but oh well.
    It's crazy how much different things are when we can't do things! It's driving me nuts, but luckily my DH has been humoring me. haha

• 2have2hold2have2hold member
    edited July 2013
    We're just now starting to work on the nursery. I'm hoping my husband will have the nursery painted by the weekend. The crib needs to be assembled and we're purchasing the car seat on Friday. We'll probably install the base this weekend too. Our shower is next weekend and I'm so excited. I've been stalking our registry and I'm ashamed at how excited I get when I see the "Items Purchased" number go up  :\"> 
    Onto my hospital bag. I cleared a small bag last night. It's one of those carryon bags that fit on an (airplane) overheard compartment. Hopefully it's not "too much" :) I don't plan on filling it up, but a friend that delivered at the same hospital told me they give a lot of freebies, so I'm going in with tons of space. hehe

Mama to Baby K. born @25wks due to pProm/PTL. Forever in Our Hearts. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My family has put the baby gear together. We still need a few things. I'm waiting on a few nursery items then I think it'll be ready. I've started a hospital bag. It's mostly things leftover from my last admission. We've yet to install the car seat bases.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Lbear8Lbear8 member
    The nursery is painted and we are re-using all of the furniture from DD, but beyond that we haven't done a thing.  I figure if I go into labor now, the baby will be in the NICU, so we are waiting until after our baby shower before we start getting things ready.  We will be 33 weeks for the baby shower. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited July 2013
    36 weeks here. Husband put the car seat in the car today. This week I pretty much got everything done that needs to be done. Still need to sterilize bottles (hoping to breastfeed though) and pack the hospital bag which I plan on doing this week. Also, need to continue collecting cloth diapers from consignments and yard sales. :)
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I got the carseat cover/parts all washed from when we put it in the basement after DS was done with it.  Holy crap.  We;re officially "ready" for this kid!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"