August 2012 Moms
Options

If you no longer feed formula or breastmilk

Do you still keep track of the # of oz of WCM/almond milk/soy milk/goat milk/whatever other animal milk you are giving your child? Kate has refused all bottles and formula so we are now giving her WCM and water exclusively from sippy cups. I just fill it up and let her drink as much as she wants. She is having the appropriate number of wet diapers, and pushes the cup away when she's not thirsty. Should I be counting ounces still?

Re: If you no longer feed formula or breastmilk

• Options
    I don't count ounces...but then again, I didn't with formula either so I could be doing it all wrong.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I don't keep track, just guesstimate. He's offer four 4oz bottles of WCM and I know he finishes his am and pm one fully, usually with the two in the middle still at around 1.5-2.5 ounces. As long as he pees enough, I don't worry.
    A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    No, I don't track oz. but I didn't track with formula either. I just think as long as he's drinking it must be enough
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• Options
    I probably will but that's because I've been scarred by his eating issues in the beginning and the fact that he's like 9th %.
  • Options
    I will probably keep track in the beginning but once he's off bottles, I'll just offer a sippy of WCM with meals and maybe at snack time?  Why is the feeding part the hardest?!  These babies should come with a manual.  ;)   Ooh, I just found all the smiley faces!  :@) :P

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby #2!

BabyFruit Ticker 

• Options
    mswood1977mswood1977 member
    edited July 2013
    I keep track of how much WCM he has each day because he has low iron and his docotor said he should only have 16 oz of WCM a day for now.

imageLilypie Premature Baby tickersimage

imageimage

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I don't keep track. It's a free-for-all around here!
  • Options
    CRey13CRey13 member
    We just had D's one year check up today and the pedi said he should get no more than 16-20 oz of WCM a day. That is going to be difficult because he was getting 24-30 oz of formula and my kid is not a fan of water.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    Our pedi told us to limit Liam's diary to 16 ounces or less... that's including any milk, cheese, yogurt, etc because it can block iron absorption so I've been paying more attention to how much he gets.
  • Options
    I didn't keep track with DS.  I gave him 2 sippy cups of milk a day & he generally drank all of it.  So whatever that was - 16ish oz.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We were told no more than 16 oz a day, so I'm doing a nite 8 oz bottle before bed and 8 oz one at breakfast. She said never go over 20 oz.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"