August 2012 Moms

Daycare Babies

Is your baby ever well?!  If DD is not trip to the doctor sick, she almost always has either a cough, runny nose, or congestion.  It feels like she has only a few days each month where she is in perfect health.  She had an ear infection 2 weeks ago, and she's tugging on the other ear today :/

Re: Daycare Babies

• I hear ya!!  I feel like Sammy's nose is always running or he's congested.  I just keep thinking that he is going to have an iron immune system - less sickness once school rolls around?  One can hope, right??

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby #2!

BabyFruit Ticker 

• I really feel like I'm jinxing myself by answering this! I thought the same thing for the longest time and sometimes still feel that way. I learned real quick with the ear infections that unfortunately for some babies, once they get one, they just never get rid of them. Hudson had a total of 7 from January to May until he got his tubes. Getting tubes has improved him a lot but he still almost always has a cough or congestion. His ENT said that could be caused from his reflux, he has horrible, horrible reflux and has since he was 2 months old. He said it could also be caused from his adnoids as well and there's a good chance that we might have to have those removed. 

I've been told by several doctors that if we could just make it past a year old then he should have a great immune system and hopefully nothing more than just a common cold. 

Hang in there, I know it's tough!!

06/10 mmc@ 10 weeks: 03/11 mc @ 8 weeks due to blighted ovum.
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel like we got max 4-6 wks between bugs. This time it appears to just be congestion.
  • DS has literally been congested for months. Between his allergies daycare and teething he maybe has a clear nose for 3 days a month. He is perfectly happy though! Lol
    100_7533(1) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Same here. We just ended our longest healthy streak of one month before he was hit with this latest ear infection. We are looking at adenoids out possibly in the future as well, but I really hope we can avoid it. I don't want my poor baby to go through another surgery when his first didn't do him any good.

• I don't feel alone! DS is always sick. Though this time he is going to the pedi since there is diarrhea involved.
  • This is actually really good to hear! I was wondering the same thing. We only started daycare a month ago, but he just got his first cold that was SUPER bad and I'm worried that another one might come sooner than I'd like. I'll keep my eye out...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • ccamccam member
    edited July 2013

DS is constantly sick.  He is just finishing up antibiotics for his 4th ear infection since the beginning of May.  He constantly has a runny nose, too.  I can't even go to the Dr for myself with all the sick time I've had to use for him.  I just want him to be healthy, poor kid!

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"