August 2012 Moms

Sad

I'm sad the FB group was closed (though I have a sneaking suspicion there is still one going on!). I understand why it was closed. I'm sad that people are changing their screen names--I have a hard enough time remembering who everyone is! I'm sad a lot of you ladies won't be posting pictures anymore--I love seeing all the babies! I think this is going to change the tone of the board even more.  :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sad

• It is sad, but creepers asking to join the FB who weren't even August mommies really creeped me out.  Why would you want to "keep up" with people that didn't even know who you were? 

That's why I changed my SN and I didn't post a picture of DD.  It's kind like we're a soap opera to some people which is just bizarre to me. 

imagethe-dude-with-a-white-russian
  • I didn't know it closed! I thought I was just removed since I'm not as well known as many others. I hope this board picks up again now. I need something to do when in at work ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • I totally think that we can still make the fb thing happen, if we were just more selective about who we let into the group. Like we could make people who want into the group put in the message what their sn is and when their child's b-day is?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It is sad, but creepers asking to join the FB who weren't even August mommies really creeped me out.  Why would you want to "keep up" with people that didn't even know who you were? 

That's why I changed my SN and I didn't post a picture of DD.  It's kind like we're a soap opera to some people which is just bizarre to me. 

how were they even finding the group? isnt a private group not searchable?
    BBJ put up her personal email address for people to email her to get in.
  • RNbock- our kids are the same age... and my ticker for DD said i was 90 wks preg till today haha. my son is 3 so i think we were just a little bit off and didnt go through the tri boards together. (if you were around back then)
    Yeah, I need to change my siggy. I am too lazy right now. I did the tri boards here and there, but was never really an active poster. Ds1 will be 3 Oct 11th.
  • I just friended a bunch of people from the group and I'll put them in a "Bump" category if I can when I get on a PC. If anyone wants to be friends and we aren't already PM me.
  • @WhtRssnGrl was formerly? sorry. I am still lost with the name changes. You could pm me if you don't want it out there... 
    imageimage
  • nvm lady. I figured you out. I really need to sort these posts better for my brain...
    imageimage
  • cedenton said:
    I just friended a bunch of people from the group and I'll put them in a "Bump" category if I can when I get on a PC. If anyone wants to be friends and we aren't already PM me.
    I would like to be "friends"....but I don't know how to pm. Is that sad?
  • I think after a while the board will even out. Some of the old bumpies will stick to their FB group and some will come back. New bumpies will start posting and participating. I'm sure most of them will be awesome! I totally agree though... It's sad. Figuring out the new SN might be a challenge though.

• RNbock2 said:
    cedenton said:
    I just friended a bunch of people from the group and I'll put them in a "Bump" category if I can when I get on a PC. If anyone wants to be friends and we aren't already PM me.
    I would like to be "friends"....but I don't know how to pm. Is that sad?
    Are you on mobile bump or PC? @RNblock
  • Heads up, I'm in the midst of coming up with a new sn as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Tula214 said:

Heads up, I'm in the midst of coming up with a new sn as well.

As am I!!

• I don't get all this freaking out. That's all I have to say.
    i totally get making a new SN bc you dont want your family/friends/etc to see what you write about them and want to remain more anonymous bc of that/not share photos on TB/etc...but i dont get the lurker thing at all. doesnt anyone notice that a thread will have like 1000 views and 40 responses... its not the same people clicking...
    Actually I do check back on threads, and each time you do that it adds a view.
    imageimage
  • mmdailey said:
    Heads up, I'm in the midst of coming up with a new sn as well.
    As am I!!
    Me too!  Even though I'm a newbie and most won't notice.  It's not even for privacy reasons, I just think my SN is incredibly lame.
  • I CAN'T STAY AWAY!!!!

Wtf. I posted this whole thing and then it got eaten up. Boo.

Okay. This is what I said, in a nutshell:

Technically these ladies, according to BBJ, are August mommies, but just don't have TB accounts and don't post. 

I was a lurker throughout my pregnancy and didn't start posting until after S was born. But I really felt like I knew all of you and your business, and then it was easy for me to fall right in when I started to post. So I guess thats why lurkers and creepers don't really freak me out. Because I was like them at one point. 

Only that I don't have FB. And I don't have the ballz to ask to be part of a private FB group. 
    True, my sharona, but what we don't know is if these people truly ARE August mommies.  We could be totally getting Catfished.  It could be pervy Uncle Doug drinking a 12 pack in mommy's basement.  That's extreme, but you neva...eva...know.
  • I've wanted to change my sn for a long time, but didn't want to lose my post count. Don't care about all that with the new format.

I knew there were people lurking, but I had no clue someone would read our board religiously, every single day, with no intentions of ever posting.
  • I think of it like people reading a blog. Totally NBD and harmless. That's just my opinion. As a blogger, I am pretty "out there," so my threshold is probably different. I'm all YEAH!!! 500 people saw my post today!!!
    That's why I don't mind it here on TB. It's a public forum, so I'm pretty careful about what I post. Also, I'm with you. If I get a lot of views/"love it"'s I feel all magical and sparkly. I'd feel the same way about my blog if....well, if I wasn't too lazy to keep up with one.  

FB was a bit different, so I'm cool with the group going away. I'm friends with the people I know and like, so it's NBD that the group itself isn't there. 

AUGUST 2012 UNICORN

BabyFruit Ticker
  • cedenton said:

It took me a moment to figure out who you were, but I am glad I added you!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicPhotobucket
  • amaiteamaite member
    I wasn't part of the fb group, and am surprised to see the sudden freak out. I am less concerned about lurkers than I am about posts like the one sweetie pie did awhile back asking for lo's name and several posters gave their lo's full name. It was probably innocent, but it could have been someone phishing. That's how I feel about some of the gtky posts too. People make jokes all the time about the guy sitting in his mom's basement, but really it would be very easy to do, and just because the majority of posters aren't that person, it doesn't mean that person isnt out there, or that it isn't one of the more popular posters.
  • I'm such a trusting person so having randoms asking to join the FB group was a reality check.   I'm planning on changing my bump name to something more generic. 

• amaite said:
    just because the majority of posters aren't that person, it doesn't mean that person isnt out there, or that it isn't one of the more popular posters.
    Wouldn't you just die if one of our regs was actually a catfish?  Holy crap.  I've heard stories like that on TB.  So bizarre.
  • edited July 2013
    I emailed TB Gods at least 6 months ago to change my name but they wouldn't do it. It had personal info about me that I wasn't comfortable with now at I post more. So....this name change was a long time coming for me.
    BFP #1 - January 2010...m/c at 12 weeks 
    BFP #2 - December 2011, little lady #1 born August 2012
    BFP #3 - August 2013....m/c at 5 weeks 
    BFP #4 - October 2013....little lady #2 born June 2014

•  

I think of it like people reading a blog. Totally NBD and harmless. That's just my opinion. As a blogger, I am pretty "out there," so my threshold is probably different. I'm all YEAH!!! 500 people saw my post today!!!
    I agree, I kind of think about it like this too. However, I don't have a blog =) Also, I don't post anything that could potentially get me into trouble on here, or on the internet at all for that matter.
  • Sooooo... did the FB group get deleted, or did I just get kicked out? I am still confused. I was out of the house most of the day and obviously missed a LOT... noticed I wasn't getting a million FB notifications.
    TTC#1 since May 2011

BFP #1 June 2011 m/c@6wks

BFP #2 December 2011, EDD 8/21/12, born 7/21/12 at 35w4d

BFP #3 October 6, 2015. WHAT???

• I'm gonna be LiliD till I diiiiie!

Same here! We ride together, we die together. (Bad boys for life?)

Same here. I also think it's funny that when I google my screen name a popular pizza place comes up.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"