May 2013 Moms

C-sec: Sex after baby

Aside from the fact hat I'm totally not in the mood, the few times that we have had sex were very painful. We've done everything we can to make it easier and I think each times hurts a teeny bit less (but still hurts pretty bad). Even when I am in the mood I can't get excited bc I know it's just going to hurt. I HAD A C-SECTION and It's been 4 weeks since I got the ok. Is this normal? Is anyone else still having pain, have a remedy, or know if and when it will get better?

Re: C-sec: Sex after baby

• edited July 2013
    Yes. Me too. 3 months pp (although we've only tried twice and the last time was a couple weeks ago) and it still feels like he's creating the hole from scratch. Are you BFing? I had a c-section too; but I believe it's the hormones from BFing drying you up. My OB said that it is basically like being menopausal. Yay!  :(

ETA: I had a scheduled c-section and didn't experience so much as one labor contraction.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • ksimmyksimmy member
    I had a csection and we have only done it once and it was painful even with a lot of lube. But i guess the more you do it the better it will be. My doc warned me that it would be hard for a little bit because its pretty dry down there and to use lots of lube. :-/
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a CS as well and got the all clear two and a half weeks ago. We've DTD three times and it hurt every time. Did you go through labor before getting the CS? I had only dilated to 6cm before getting mine, so I thought I would be okay down there but the doctor said labor is still traumatic for your lady bits even if you don't deliver vaginally. Also, if you're BF'ing, that contributes to dryness.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • ksimmyksimmy member
    CNJ4EVA said:
    I had a CS as well and got the all clear two and a half weeks ago. We've DTD three times and it hurt every time. Did you go through labor before getting the CS? I had only dilated to 6cm before getting mine, so I thought I would be okay down there but the doctor said labor is still traumatic for your lady bits even if you don't deliver vaginally. Also, if you're BF'ing, that contributes to dryness.
    I didn't go though labor at all and its still pretty dried out!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes. Me too. 3 months pp (although we've only tried twice and the last time was a couple weeks ago) and it still feels like he's creating the hole from scratch. Are you BFing? I had a c-section too; but I believe it's the hormones from BFing drying you up. My OB said that it is basically like being menopausal. Yay!  :(

ETA: I had a scheduled c-section and didn't experience so much as one labor contraction.
    This is me exactly.  I have had to tell him that my vag is out of shape and not ready to get off the bench just yet.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 5/18/12. MMC @ 8 weeks. Measuring 6w5d. MC naturally 6/29/12. Forever loved.

2013-07-17 at 07.15.09
  • RoxZ32RoxZ32 member
    I had a c-section and it hurts for me too and I'm also EBF. We've had sex 4 or so times since I got the all clear 5 weeks ago and it's still painful. I try to just relax during the deed but I can't seem to get into it. Even if I find a position that's more comfortable for me I still can't enjoy it because I'm too busy being afraid the pain will reappear any moment. We use a boat load of lubrication, it's the only thing that gets me through it. I haven't told my DH that it is STILL painful because I know that he would be hesitant to have sex or be too worried about me to enjoy it. I want one of us to get something out of it! Hopefully it gets easier soon.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I had an emergency c-section after 72 hours of labor (pushing for 6).  I still swell up a LOT during and after sex for at least 24 hours, but the act itself isn't too painful.  I will say there is a lot of foreplay to get things going beforehand that I think definitely helps.  And not sure whether it is making a difference or not, but he makes me be on top because he wants me to be in control so he doesn't hurt me. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I had a RCS, was dilated to 5cm before the procedure, and at 6wks PP sex felt wonderful again. i was still swollen from having my tubes tied and the C Section itself, but with the help of lube and starting off slow things have been great ever since. at 13wks PP, the only complaint i have about DTD is finding the time.
  • For me it was much better once I was done bf.
  • ALP514ALP514 member
    I had a csection as well and it wasnt till last week ( 10 weeks pp) that it didnt feel like i was a virgin again lol. I think it just takes time and alot of foreplay lol!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Amen on the bench explanation jasherlove ! We tried lube, doesn't matter. I'll try more. I wonder if different positions matter. Only DH has been on top just because I really don't want to be! Maybe changing it up will help?
  • clw617clw617 member
    My doc suggested a cream she could prescribe. I haven't gotten around to calling it in, but she said it's more effective than lube. Maybe give your OB a call?
  • Someone told me coconut oil is supposed to work really well!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"