September 2012 Moms
Options

S/O 1st Birthday gifts-toys

What toys are you getting your LO for their Birthday?  DS is in need of some new ones.
Baby #1 Sept 2012. Baby #2 due Feb 2015.

Re: S/O 1st Birthday gifts-toys

• Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    If you are having a party, I would suggest just getting him one thing and then see what he gets from others.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    hmp1 said:
    If you are having a party, I would suggest just getting him one thing and then see what he gets from others.
    That's a good idea!  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got this on the 1/2 off sale so she'll be getting it among other things.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I picked up a Vtech lap top to play with since he seems so interested in our computer! I'm hoping to also get a shape sorting toy of some sort, some more books, and some more bath toys as he loves bath time.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I suggested the Little People stuff to my MIL yesterday when she asked LO what she wanted for her birthday.

Other than that, I have no clue. She has most of the basics other than a shape sorter.
    Shoot I hadn't even thought that other people are going to ask for suggestions!
  • Options
    miss50miss50 member
    She has new carpet to crawl/walk around on.  I think that is good enough. 

Oh, and I am making her a cake. And taking the day off work unless something else erupts on the work front.  I think that should be adequate. 

• Options
    We are inviting 80 people to her party, so we are planning on them bringing toys! We're getting her a nice toy box. I made an Amazon wish list with gift suggestions for people who ask.

• Options
    We are inviting 80 people to her party, so we are planning on them bringing toys! We're getting her a nice toy box. I made an Amazon wish list with gift suggestions for people who ask.

Ummm... Oh.

• Options
    danab_sd said:

Ummm... Oh.

This.

2.0 is on the way! EDD: 2/24/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm going to have to talk my DH into something...he's all, "He doesn't need anything. He's one." So I'm sure ill buy one small toy.
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    LP Castle altho DS picked it out so its from him in his mind. lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Anything climbable, ie step2 all star slide. It has a climbing wall on one side and a slide on the other. 

Popup tunnel

Baby doll, play kitchen, fake food, tea set, cozy coupe, grocery cart (huge hit here), wagon, water table (this thing is a must IMHO; great to use as a sensory table, you can put water, sand, bird seed, shaving cream, pudding etc in it, and then just hose if off when you're done). 

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• Options
    Bless your heart. FYI: get ready for the flames. Sorry, hon.
    This. I wouldn't expect anyone to bring gifts to LO's birthday. It's nice, but I'm not inviting them to E's party for the presents, that's just rude.

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• Options
    *not things I'm buying for DS, but rather these are the most used toys from age 1-2y. 

We're getting DS a birthday outfit (personalized onesie) and a party. Having kids one year apart means that he's pretty well set on toys. Most of them just happen to be pink ;)

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• Options
    Eastie156 said:
    Bless your heart. FYI: get ready for the flames. Sorry, hon.
    This. I wouldn't expect anyone to bring gifts to LO's birthday. It's nice, but I'm not inviting them to E's party for the presents, that's just rude.

I am obviously not inviting them to get gifts, I simply meant I know most if them will bring gifts, and since a number of people have asked for suggestions, I made a wish list. It's not like I'm putting it on the invites or something. I think it's rude to assume people you don't even know are rude.

• Options
    For those who mentioned shape sorters, my LO has this one and she looooooves it. It is her favorite toy, by far. I've been recommending it to all of my friends with babies.
  • Options

Wowza... Stay classy!
  • Options
    Now I remember why I left this message board previously. People come here expecting to find community, support, maybe a laugh at a funny baby story or two, and instead they find elitist, judgmental snobbery by a group of women who apparently have nothing more valuable to do with their time than post on the Bump upwards of 100 times a day. I will be deleting my account; enjoy your self-worship.

• Options

Now I remember why I left this message board previously. People come here expecting to find community, support, maybe a laugh at a funny baby story or two, and instead they find elitist, judgmental snobbery by a group of women who apparently have nothing more valuable to do with their time than post on the Bump upwards of 100 times a day. I will be deleting my account; enjoy your self-worship.

Had you worded a bit different, like "we invited 80 people so I'm sure there will be toys given. We will wait and see what she does/does not get and go from there.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"