August 2011 Moms

So, moms of older kids...

How obnoxious were we as FTMs when these aug 2011 babies were born. I'm lurking on dd2s board and they're killing me. Life is over because I have a kid and everything takes so long! I've been tracking my 3 week old's schedule on an app and see patterns! Lolololol.
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: So, moms of older kids...

• the first tri board is way more obnoxious to me lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Looking back, I was so ridiculous with Ds. I followed every "rule" there was, I made eating/pooping/peeing journals, and anything else you could roll your eyes at.

Now that I know they aren't as fragile, Sophia is on her own ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • I didn't care about tracking anything other than his feeds (he had to have at least 75ml of BM every 3hours PO, or we had to be readmitted to the NICU).  
    Other than that, my parenting style was just follow Hank.  He slept when he slept, where ever he slept.  He pooped and peed when ever he did.  
    What I do look back and realize is that I was quite lazy.  My house was dirty, dishes weren't done, Jay had to help me keep the house clean.  And, this lasted well into the first year.  
    I didn't have a typical FTM experience, though, so I try not to be hypercritical of myself.  

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I was definitely a stereotypical FTM. I annoyed myself so I'm quite sure I annoyed the hell out of other people. I also hate lurking on the younger boards because we've had these conversations a bajillion times. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Lol at all of this! I obsessed over DD1s sleep and was crazy rigid about being home for scheduled nap time. I'm still a little like that with her. But this baby...she sleeps on the go all the time so far and I'm hoping it continues!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I was definitely a stereotypical FTM. I annoyed myself so I'm quite sure I annoyed the hell out of other people. I also hate lurking on the younger boards because we've had these conversations a bajillion times. 

This cracked me up. I'm pretty sure people thought I was annoying about food and sleep during the first year. I've def loosened up this past year.

• I can't believe how crazy I made myself. Timing nursing, number of poops, etc. then googling to see if it was normal. I do none of that now. I almost feel bad for DS2 because I don't.
  • I feel like dd2 HAS to be a more laid back, less neurotic kid because of the differences. Or so I hope ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I feel I will always be a FTM - it's just that having more LO's means I am too busy to worry so much :) But I'll admit a good dose of real life quickly made me shut up about a lot of things I thought were supposed to be best (you know, because I read it in a book)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I went back and read some of my posts from the NB days with DS. Good for a laugh, for sure. I'm still pretty obsessive about some things, like tracking sleep.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Lol...for real.  I've been dealing with about 17 months of wondering the same thing over here!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I feel I will always be a FTM - it's just that having more LO's means I am too busy to worry so much :) But I'll admit a good dose of real life quickly made me shut up about a lot of things I thought were supposed to be best (you know, because I read it in a book)

I was the world's best parent... And then I had kids!! ;P
    Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • 5953fpp said:
    I can't believe how crazy I made myself. Timing nursing, number of poops, etc. then googling to see if it was normal. I do none of that now. I almost feel bad for DS2 because I don't.
    I think this all the time.  But I was talking to my best friend (who also had kids two years apart), and we agree that we can't beat ourselves up over it.  There's simply no way we could function with the second one the way we did with the first, it would be impossible!  There aren't enough hours in the day for all the extra sanitizing, laundry, and tracking and timing of every activity.

I was the world's best parent... And then I had kids!! ;P
    Me too, ladies!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"