May 2013 Moms
Options

Alternatives to tummy time

I've been seeing a lot of posts of how LOs hate tummy time and my daughter is no different. She will not tolerate it. My pedi said she should be spending all her awake time on her tummy .. Ermm.. Ok crazy lady, I'll keep that in mind:/ So here are my alternatives! What are yours ?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Alternatives to tummy time

• Options
    My doctor said a few minutes at a time a few times a day is fine. My niece is perfectly normal and healthy and did almost no tummy time, she hated it very much. I have let her do a sprt of tummy time on me butbusially it's just the regular baby on her belly on a blanket with me down beside her.
  • Options
    I usually lay LO on my chest with me laying on my back and we do it that way! He doesn't mind it then.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hahaha, love your pictures! No advice, but the pics are cute!
    She is here! 5-29-13

• Options
    MrsRKJMrsRKJ member
    My LO hates tummy time too, and I try to do it every day with him because he's already 4 1/2 months old (well, 3 months adjusted).  He just screams and face plants into the carpet, boppy, my boobs, etc.  I work on head control when I sit him up, and he does pretty good with that.  Or up on my shoulder when I'm burping him/rubbing his back.  I can't imagine trying to do it with during his whole awake time!  
    Welcomed our baby boy Henry on March 15, 2013 (7 weeks early!)

TTA until 2014

• Options
    My LO would scream blue murder if I tried to do tummy time for longer than 5 minutes.

I do try and BF her on her tummy. She comes off and looks around then bops about till she can find the breast again. She can do this for much longer periods.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Our pedi said, "If he doesn't like it, don't do it." We told him that he holds his head up while he's on our chest, etc. We do it a few minutes a day, but rarely longer than that. I think the picture of your LO on the boppy counts as tummy time, no? I've read it's okay to prop something under their shoulders / chest.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I usually lay LO on my chest with me laying on my back and we do it that way! He doesn't mind it then.
    I would love to do this but my boobs are now so huge it winds up being head time not tummy time... poor kid winds up totally in my face.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"