1st Trimester
Options

8 weeks and crave nothing but junk food!

So I am 8 weeks preggers and up until my 6th week I felt great. Working out, all I wanted was salads...and then the nausea hit. Always right after I eat something and now all that makes me feel better are carbs (mainly in the form of Pizza, sandwiches and my new fav pancakes...). I do crave fruit, but no veggies, nothing with actual nutrients. And its just nausea...I've only been sick a handful of times so I'm keeping most of it down and am worried about the weight I could be gaining. My day consist of bouts of nausea followed by hours of laying on the sofa exhausted and just trying to not have a mental break down. 
Does anyone have any advice? I was so healthy before this started, I'm a freakin fitness instructors for gosh sakes!! But I truly feel like I've been gaining weight so fast...HELP!

Re: 8 weeks and crave nothing but junk food!

• Options
    Well for one actually weigh yourself you might be surprised. I feel like I've been gaining a ton and feel just bloated and HUGE. and even my thighs feel bigger. Then I weighed myself and I've lost eight pounds. Sooo... You're probably just feeling the bloat. I also am normally a salad person. I love raw veggies and fruit and yogurt, and from week 6-8 all I wanted was waffles and ice cream and cheeseburgers and McDonald's. gag gag gag. But now, week 9-10 I've been back to mostly wanting veggies and fruit and salads. I'm eating more of my normal stuff, just well, more of it. So hopefully yours fades away too. I tried to restrain myself when having those cravings but also have gave in on some.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    OMG I sit here reading this as I eat nutter butters and drink root beer. NEVER would have happened before pregnancy! I train in MMA and am generally pretty freakin healthy. Now, I'm "high risk" due to a previous MC and I can't even work out! Then you add junk food cravings on top of that and I got a problem! :D  The best part for me today is that I brough a really healthy salad, some hummus and naan bread for lunch and I ended up eating a hot pocket from the freezer, I don't even know who it belonged to and I'm not askin!! :))
  • Options
    I am almost the same way.  Nothing sounds good to me except the junkiest of junk foods. Chicken breast is repulsive to me.  I just want cheesy carbs and junk.  I haven't gained too much weight (possibly 1-2 lbs in 11 weeks), but I feel disgusting.  I am bloated and as soon as I eat one thing, my pants are tight.  I haven't bought any new clothes yet, but I'm going to have to at some point.  Combined with my huge, sore boobs, I'm pretty miserable.  I've been trying to get exercise in -- I'm normally a 5-6 day a week exerciser with running, yoga and walking, but I have very little motivation.  I always thought that I wouldn't be a person who gained tons of weight during pregnancy because I work hard to be fit and I enjoy good, healthy foods.  But, I did not count on these food aversions and "cravings."  They are not really cravings, just more like the only thing that sounds good to me is a cheese quesodilla smothered in sour cream.  Ha ha.  
  • Options
    I am almost the same way.  Nothing sounds good to me except the junkiest of junk foods. Chicken breast is repulsive to me.  I just want cheesy carbs and junk.  I haven't gained too much weight (possibly 1-2 lbs in 11 weeks), but I feel disgusting.  I am bloated and as soon as I eat one thing, my pants are tight.  I haven't bought any new clothes yet, but I'm going to have to at some point.  Combined with my huge, sore boobs, I'm pretty miserable.  I've been trying to get exercise in -- I'm normally a 5-6 day a week exerciser with running, yoga and walking, but I have very little motivation.  I always thought that I wouldn't be a person who gained tons of weight during pregnancy because I work hard to be fit and I enjoy good, healthy foods.  But, I did not count on these food aversions and "cravings."  They are not really cravings, just more like the only thing that sounds good to me is a cheese quesodilla smothered in sour cream.  Ha ha.  

Man, now I want a quesadilla... damn. Lol
  • Options
    Hopefully you will start to feel better in a couple of weeks. I honestly wouldn't worry so much...eat what you can tolerate now. Once you get past the queasy stage you can be better about watching what you eat.

A
    imageimageimage

M/c #1 - 10/30/07 - 5w3d, DS1 - born at 36w, M/c#2 - 12/7/09 - 5w, M/c #3 - 1/13/10 - 4w6d, 
    M/c #4 - 3/16/10 - 5w1d, DS2 -  born via VBAC at 40w3d, M/c#5 - 11/5/12 - 7w2d
    BFP #8 - 5/5/13- Looks like a sticky one! DS3 - born via epi-free VBAC at 39w1d

• Options
    OMG I sit here reading this as I eat nutter butters and drink root beer. NEVER would have happened before pregnancy! I train in MMA and am generally pretty freakin healthy. Now, I'm "high risk" due to a previous MC and I can't even work out! Then you add junk food cravings on top of that and I got a problem! :D  The best part for me today is that I brough a really healthy salad, some hummus and naan bread for lunch and I ended up eating a hot pocket from the freezer, I don't even know who it belonged to and I'm not askin!! :))
    I haven't ever posted here yet, so I apologize for just jumping in with no intro, but I love this LOL. I have totally done that...the best part is when they start asking who ate their food...ooppss....
  • Options
    These posts are so awesome. I've been the same way! I wake up in the morning (after I have my saltines and juice to get through my morning) and try to mentally plan out my meals. Then I end up driving through McDonalds and ripping through chicken nuggets like a crazed animal before even getting back home! 
  • Options
    Well ladies, I was gonna have another hot pocket for dinner but now I really want a bean burrito from Taco Bell which is soooo not gonna help the gas. Lol! Oh well, I'm so hungry and that's the only thing that sounds good. :D
  • Options

I haven't ever posted here yet, so I apologize for just jumping in with no intro, but I love this LOL. I have totally done that...the best part is when they start asking who ate their food...ooppss....

Lol well I hope no one notices its gone! But I will seriously laugh so hard if someone asks about it. :) It's all good, I'll just blame it on the baby! Lol!
  • Options
    Haha I love these replies! I'm with you on this.. I've always made the effort to eat healthy and exercise but since about 6 1/2 weeks, my appetite has either been totally non existent or I crave junk food. Pretty much you name something unhealthy and I have either eaten it or craved it. I can't wait to get back on track with eating better but in the meantime, with the exception of fruit.. Most healthy food makes me sick to even think about. AND I'm on zofran so those food aversions are still pretty strong!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Im craving chocolate and just about anything sweet I can get my hands on.  I eat healthy and work out about 6 days a week...although not as hard now because I have lost my motivation.  All  I want to do is stay home and pig out. Not like me at all! 

I have a TON of chocolate in our deep freeze from our honeymoon that is just screaming my name.  Instead, I have grabbed a Raspberry-Lime Seltzer water.  It's not doing the trick.  Might just brush my teeth and go to bed.  Lol!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"