Pregnant after a Loss

I'm a wreck!

In April I had a mmc. On Tuesday, I'll be 5 weeks. The only symptoms I have is sore boobs. And slight cramping. I can't keep myself calm, I'm scared I'm going to lose this baby, too. Do any of you ladies know the statistics of losing two? How did you ladies keep calm through your first trimester...especially up until your first ultra sound? Would it be completely ridiculous to ask my doc to do betas at my next appointment? Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated! TIA!

Re: I'm a wreck!

• I don't know if this helps, but my second pregnancy, this one, I've actually had fewer symptoms. Each day I focused on the positive that unless a doctor told me differently, I was still pregnant. It's hard to do, but try to focus on the positives. Stressing out about something you have little control over isn't great. Yay for sore boobies and cramping, now take it easy and treat you and this little one well. Good luck, and passing on some sticky dust just in case.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • lindsayanne14lindsayanne14 member
    edited July 2013
    I don't know any exact stats but from what I've read and the conversations I had with my Dr, your likelihood of a subsequent miscarriage is only slightly elevated compared to a woman who hasn't had a loss. I lost my first two PGs, but am a few weeks from delivery with this LO. I had a hard time believing I could lose two babies and there not be something wrong, but it seems like there wasn't anything wrong with me. I would try to stay in the moment and not get obsessed with the symptoms or lack of symptoms, you'll drive yourself crazy. This PG isn't your last PG! As far as betas go, I don't think there's anything wrong with asking for them if you think knowing your numbers will be helpful, I know I found them very comforting. Good luck!

BFP #1 4/10/12 D&C 6/5/12@ 12.5wks EDD 12/17/12
    BFP #2 9/10/12 CP 9/19/12@ 5.5wks EDD 5/21/13
    BFP# 3 12/3/12...Lukas James born 8/15/13
    BFP# 4 8/4/14 EDD 4/13/15

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • This is my third pregnancy, I had two previous losses. With my second pregnancy, I was only seeing an OB and he did not draw betas. I was seeing an RE for this pregnancy and I had 3 consecutive betas drawn and an early ultrasound after the beta was about 2000. It won't hurt to ask, especially if it makes you feel more comfortable. As far as symptoms, the only one I had with my first two pregnancies was sore boobs. I have had all sorts of symptoms this time around.
    Wedding 08/08/08

BFP #1 12/29/10 EDD 08/29/11 Blighted Ovum 02/09/11 D&C 02/11/11

Clomid 50mg BFP #2 09/21/11 EDD 05/29/11 Chemical Pregnancy 10/4/11

BFP #3 4/19/13 Beta1- 106 Beta2- 524 Beta3- 3500 EDD 12/22/13 LO born 12/31/13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"