2nd Trimester
Options

I would kill for some tea right now

Pre pregnancy I'd drink herbal tea all the time. (Green and black tea weren't for me. Caffeine gives me a stomach ache.) but now I've been avoiding it since I've read that certain herbs cause birth defects or miscarriages.
BUT OMFG, I would LOVE to drink some of my tazo tea that's been collecting dust for the past couple of months.
Is it still dangerous to drink herbal tea even during 2nd trimester?

Re: I would kill for some tea right now

• Options
    I drink peppermint and chamomile tea, did with my first pregnancy too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Have some tea. You would need to drink gallons to make an impact.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I drink chamomile and green tea about 2 times/week. Doctor said it was fine!
  • Options
    I drank a cup or 2 of rooibos tea blends a day starting in 2nd tri and DD is perfectly healthy! Tea away!
    Married July 3, 2009 | Furbaby Trevor July 15, 2009 | Furbaby Darcy May 15, 2010 | BFP August 14, 2012 | DD April 18, 2013
  • Options
    Agree with PP, it's only certain herbs.  The one's like Evening Primrose.  If you get an herbal tea that just has tea and a fruit flavor, you're probably fine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Tea is totally fine, per my doc! Enjoy!  A cup or two of ANYTHING can't hurt , that's my thought anyway.  My doctor always says--everything in moderation.
  • Options
    It's actually not dangerous to drink herbal tea at all. Where are you getting this BAD advice? Do some research, there a plenty of herbal teas that are perfectly safe and many that are even helpful. Yes, some herbs are contraindicated in pregnancy but those are used medicinally and it is doubtful that you will find an herb dangerous to pregnancy in Tazo brand teas that are made for drinking enjoyment, NOT medicine.
  • Options
    Drink away! The only thing i heard to be careful of was chamomile and that was from my mil. She didnt say why, so I say drink! Besides the mental effects of calming and relaxing that we tea drinkers get when we have our cuppa is worth its weight in gold i think!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"