3rd Trimester

Kicks aren't as hard...

My doctor mentioned at some point in 3rd tri the baby's kicks wouldn't be as hard but I wasn't expecting it for a few weeks... yesterday and today she is moving but it's definitely not the big kicks and rolls I was feeling - is this normal around this time, 29/30 weeks?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Kicks aren't as hard...

• As babe gets bigger movement will slow down and kicks will become less frequent and turn into more of rolling around than kicking.
    If you feel uncomfortable about the amount of movement, it won't hurt to call or go in and be monitored.
  • slusk13 said:
    As babe gets bigger movement will slow down and kicks will become less frequent and turn into more of rolling around than kicking.
    If you feel uncomfortable about the amount of movement, it won't hurt to call or go in and be monitored.
    All of this.  Try to remember as well that baby will have days where he/she is quieter/less active.  I had a slow day yesterday and today she's kicking up a storm again.

BFP #1 09/15/09, MMC 09/28/09
    BFP #2 06/04/12, EDD 02/09/13, MC at 6w3d on 06/18/12
    BFP #3 01/16/13, EDD 10/04/13, Born 09/17/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • roo1ooroo1oo member
    I noticed the same thing, tomorrow starts week 30 for me and the last week or two the kicks got noticeably less intense. However movement is just as frequent. Hubby was listening to my stomach last night and was telling me every time he heard a kick, and baby is kicking more than I feel now, so I think I'm getting used to the movements and he's just not kicking as hard. I'm feeling alot more stretching and pressing of knees/feet now on my upper abdomen, and that's just happened in the last week or two.
    image    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hi! You commented on my post about this so I thought I would comment about yours as well. People have said on here it's because baby's getting bigger and running out of room which would make sense to me. I'll keep you in my thoughts. Stuff like this is never fun to deal with. Doctor just reassured me that baby's okay.
    Angelbesdme
  • I'm 30 weeks as of yesterday.  I still get a few good, hard kicks here and there, but for the most part I'm feeling more of a rolling feeling and light thumps.  I think it just gets crowded around this time so the movements are less intense. 

• allurea said:
    slusk13 said:
    As babe gets bigger movement will slow down and kicks will become less frequent and turn into more of rolling around than kicking.
    All of this.  Try to remember as well that baby will have days where he/she is quieter/less active.  I had a slow day yesterday and today she's kicking up a storm again.
    Both of these.  And I will add that baby could be turned in a position where she is kicking but you can't feel it as well.  It happens to me a couple times a week.  Nerve wracking.  If you can try laying down and doing a kick count just to put your mind at ease.  I bet she is moving more than you realize.  Once I just stop everything I feel mine tons.  Good luck.

9/13/12 BFP 9/25/12 M/C at 6.5 weeks

***All AL'ers Welcome***

• I feel more elbows and body parts sticking out and general movement then big kicks... it's normal.

imageimage

imageimage

image  image

• jlbhz2275jlbhz2275 member
    edited July 2013
    I was having the same issue around 32 weeks. My dr. did some tests just to check and make sure everything was ok, which it was. They said sometimes baby just finds a really comfy spot and is content to stay for longer periods. I wouldn't worry too much, but I would mention to dr at your next apt so you and they can be sure.
  • Thanks for posting this! I was experiencing the same thing and wondering if there was something wrong. I'm glad it's just a normal experience at this point in the pregnancy. I have a growth ultra sound on Wednesday so that will help ease my mind. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"