Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Bathtime

So how are you all bathing your babies these days? We used a baby bathtub when my son was really little, but then I started just getting into the big bath with him, which he totally enjoyed for the longest time. Lately, however, at ten months, he is so active and always trying to squirm out of the tub, and hates being laid back to rinse shampoo out of his hair. Any tips to make bathtime fun again??

Re: Bathtime

• My son started getting crazy during bath time. I went out and bought a variety of bath toys but only give him 1 at a time. I also use the shower head to rinse him. He seems to like that better
  • I just keep the water really low (2-3 inches max) and then we have a bathmat to keep DS from slipping.  He can lay on his stomach without me worrying about his head going under and I let him crawl all around the tub, he's just not allowed to stand.  He has gotten a face full of water a couple of times, but he doesn't seem to care at all.

I do make him lay back on my arm so I can rinse his hair after washing it.  He doesn't like it, but since I only do it for rinsing it is quick.  Just make sure you wash hair FIRST so you don't have to stop play time (that pisses my DS off more than anything).
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I also use the laundry basket inside of the tub to keep him contained. Otherwise he was crawling all over and was making it very difficult to bathe him.
  • Am I the only one still using the kitchen sink?  :)  DD still loves her bathes (divebombs the sink anytime the water is running) and I feel like I have a better handle on her in there still.
    She just turned 10 months, so I know I will soon have to put her in the tub, but my tub is so deep, by back kills me when I'm bent over!!
    I also bought this little visor thing that I put on her head so that when I rinse her hair, the soap doesn't get in her eyes and I don't have to lift her back to rinse. 
  • KisstyKissty member
    Am I the only one still using the kitchen sink?  :)  DD still loves her bathes (divebombs the sink anytime the water is running) and I feel like I have a better handle on her in there still.
    She just turned 10 months, so I know I will soon have to put her in the tub, but my tub is so deep, by back kills me when I'm bent over!!
    I also bought this little visor thing that I put on her head so that when I rinse her hair, the soap doesn't get in her eyes and I don't have to lift her back to rinse. 
    You're not the only one using the sink.  I still use the plastic tub in the sink.  I have to step down into my tub because it is jetted and there is no way I could bend over that edge.  You can ask if he's ready for his bath and he crawls into the kitchen ready to go.

imageimage 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I just put her in the tub with a few inches of water. I give her some toys to play with and she does fine, although she does stand a lot. She loves baths! Also, when washing her hair I just get a small bowl and dump the water over her head. She seems to like that too.
  • Its better if you make your kid sit while giving him the bath. Can also try a trick to keep him busy by opening the tap a little bit so that he can enjoy it flowing along with the sound made by the filling bucket. Till he revives back, the bath is over. ....I too try this trick and is a good success....also give him the bathing bar to play with it so that he may be distracted with the slipperiness of it.
  • I put DS right in the bathtub with a bathmat so he doesn't slip around. I haven't used a laundry basket. I put the bathmat right over the drain since he's been playing with that and it grosses me out. They say if you keep the water out of LO's face, they will learn to hate getting their face wet while swimming, bathing etc so I dump the water right over his head when rinsing his hair. He is slowly getting used to it. 
  • We use an inflatable duck that my inlaws got at target. It's made by Munchkin. He loves it and loves bath time. It keeps him contained and we can put his bath toys within reach.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm glad you asked this because I've been wondering the same thing! Still in her tub in the kitchen sink here. She loves to splash and play and she makes a mess but I wear an apron that helps! I don't mind a little mess if she's having fun. The thought go bathing her in the normal tub makes my back hurt :-/
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"