Pregnant after a Loss
Options

blog info

Where can I find info about this board

Re: blog info

• Options
    I didn't want to step on toes and make anyone mad..I belong to mc board. Recently joined the ttcal. And may be joining here not sure yet but....qurious as to signs and syptoms people had when they did become pg after loss.....if they had been pg before having a loss did the signs vary stay same ect....but sine I don't yet belong don

Do 't want to send a fly by message incase I'm not pg

Do u think I should post
  • Options
    Every pregnancy is different. It being after a loss doesn't really make much difference either way. And symptoms don't mean anything, only positive tests do.

Good luck to you
    Married My Love on 6/18/2006
    BFP#1 10/1/2011. Our perfect little girl, Her heart stopped @ 12w1d. D&E 11/23/11
    BFP#2 3/13/12 Weird CP/Possible EP @ 6w0d
    BFP#3 5/28/12 CP @ 5w0d
    BFP/WTF#4 10/26/12 CP
    BFP#5 12/10/12 EDD 8/23/2013
    <3 Baby Boy Born 8/22/13 <3
     photo ellie.gifPhotobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The "rules" are much more lax on this board. The ladies here are typically in a much better place emotionally than we were on the MC or TTCAL boards. I'd say most of our "rules" are pretty much common sense and its a lot harder to step on any toes.

You don't have to be pregnant to ask questions here but its definitely common courtesy to not ask the ladies on the MC board or TTCAL those same questions, which I can tell you already know.

This is my fourth pregnancy and the only one that made it out of the first trimester. And honestly all of my very early pregnancy symptoms have been exactly the same in all four pregnancies. The first two ended in miscarriage and the third in ectopic. Sore boobs were the first clue each time. Exhaustion was another. I experienced morning sickness that began around week 7 in both this current pregnancy and in my second pregnancy. The only difference was that in my second pregnancy the morning sickness never got very bad and disappeared around the time I miscarried. This time it just got worse and worse until it finally peaked around week 12 and then slowly tapered off around week 17 or so.

So like Katharine said, symptoms really don't mean a thing. I had good symptoms with each pregnancy and the only difference I see with this one and the others is that my symptoms continued on which makes sense considering the pregnancy continued on.

Good luck!

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

• Options
    1eko
    kklamb10 said:

First of all thank you for not posting your question on TTCAL! We often get questions from TTCALers that wouldn't be appropriate for that board.

As far as symptoms go everyone here will tell you each PG is different. My only other PG resulted in a MC and my symptoms were different. This time my early symptoms were almost identical to what I would get with AF. If you think you might be PG take a test. If it's negative wait a week and if AF hasn't showed take another test.

Are you charting? I don't know how long ago your loss was but cycles can be very different post loss. If your not charting I would recommend Fertility Friend. There is a free version and a lot of the ladies here used it before getting their BFPs, a lot of the TTCAL ladies use it as well.

Good luck in your TTCAL journey!

Your welcome...no not charting or anything....my back groound
    We have 6yr old son. And I got pg in feb being on the pill mc april 15 at 11w5d.....my dh didn't and most likely still doesn't want anymore kids because we can't affors it....noone really can u make due reconstruct your finances ect.... I haven't had the talk with him about ttc again because I don't want to fight...

We had sex july 19 which should have been my ovulation date oddly enough(I didn't know till I checked calendar). (He said I hope nothing slipped out). Had he not said that all these things I notice I probably would have never paid attention too like my temp raised for couple days (probably due to ovulating) having upset nausea feeling.....but then cramps...ahaha...I never got cramps with periods before my mc....I'm just confused and wondering and I can't stand the waiting till next week to see if I get my period....I took a test july 25 only because I was having mammogram done which it was negative...it would have only been 6dpo...too early....but I've never heard of cramping when pg...I don't have sore boobs or anything but with this past pg that I mc I didn't have sore boobs either. With my son I did oh were they sore.......sososo. anything else u want to know that may help me? Oh I did start that fertility friend thing
  • Options

Sorry for your loss. Like PP said, every pregnancy is different. After my second loss, I had "pregnancy symptoms", ie sore breasts, exhaustation, etc, every cycle between ovulation and AF. So the symptoms I used to watch for meant nothing anymore.

Posting this question on TTCAL will not go over well. You were right to post it here. TTCAL has a newbie blog that will give you tons of information. Good luck.

Thanks
  • Options

The "rules" are much more lax on this board. The ladies here are typically in a much better place emotionally than we were on the MC or TTCAL boards. I'd say most of our "rules" are pretty much common sense and its a lot harder to step on any toes.

You don't have to be pregnant to ask questions here but its definitely common courtesy to not ask the ladies on the MC board or TTCAL those same questions, which I can tell you already know.

This is my fourth pregnancy and the only one that made it out of the first trimester. And honestly all of my very early pregnancy symptoms have been exactly the same in all four pregnancies. The first two ended in miscarriage and the third in ectopic. Sore boobs were the first clue each time. Exhaustion was another. I experienced morning sickness that began around week 7 in both this current pregnancy and in my second pregnancy. The only difference was that in my second pregnancy the morning sickness never got very bad and disappeared around the time I miscarried. This time it just got worse and worse until it finally peaked around week 12 and then slowly tapered off around week 17 or so.

So like Katharine said, symptoms really don't mean a thing. I had good symptoms with each pregnancy and the only difference I see with this one and the others is that my symptoms continued on which makes sense considering the pregnancy continued on.

Good luck!

Thanks
  • Options

Good luck!

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"