Illinois Babies

Chicago doula

How did you decide that you needed a doula?  What did you look for in choosing one?

Best Answers

Re: Chicago doula

• Loading the player...
  • I thought about getting a doula for like a second with my first pregnancy. Didn't really consider it seriously until after I had a bad experience delivering my first ds. When I got pregnant the second time I knew I wanted someone in my corner that would fight for me and hubby and guide me as well. I switched practices and hospital (to a CNM group). I knew from experience that OBs will promise the world. They give you the "we are prepared for any type of birth you could possibly want" line. But when it gets down to it, they do want they want to do. So even though I was with a MW group I still wanted a doula. Well the $800-$900 prices we were encountering was still a problem. Then I saw a flyer in the MW's office about Chicago Volunteer Doulas. Looked it up right away and signed up the next day. Having a doula was a great experience. I wish I had one the first time around. Since I signed up with CVD I could not interview different doulas and choose one. One was chosen for me. But she was great. I had a very painful back labor and she helped immensely without getting in my face or getting bossy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"