Trying to Get Pregnant

Temp trends & oral temp location?

Hi ladies, For those who have more experience TTC/temping than I, do you notice recurring temp trends/ranges each cycle? I ask because last month was my first cycle TTC/temping and my post O temps were in the 98 degree range. This cycle, I [believe] I O'd yesterday, or the day prior, and my temps are now in the 97 degree range. I know it's possible my O is delayed or I didn't O at all but just wanted to see if anyone else has had similar experiences? I do think (or at least hope) I already O'd. Wouldn't my post-O temps be in the 98 degree range like last cycle? Also- for those who temp orally, where do you put the thermometer end? Last month I put it under my tongue but this month I started putting it on the back of my lower gums (right behind my teeth), because on the Mabis BBT directions it says that's where your "heat pocket" is. It's kind of hard to keep it in that location though... I'm not sure if I am doing that correctly? Thanks.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Temp trends & oral temp location?

• I also have no advice about the first part. 

As a pp mentioned, I apparently didn't read the directions either when TTC DS or this time around, because I've always just put it under my tongue. Luckily my ovulation has still been detected.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker
  • TRS48TRS48 member
    Thanks ladies! 

The heat pocket is in a very inconvenient spot... right behind your far back bottom teeth (wisdom/molars?) on top of your gums. It doesn't stay in place unless you hold it there with your hand. I think its F-ing up my chart bc my temps are a mess this cycle! Last cycle I did 'under tongue' and my chart looked a lot nicer. I'm going back to that from now on. 

Thanks for the info on the changing cycle temps... I figured they would be consistent month-to-month but it sounds like nobody really knows. It's probably the damn 'heat pocket' striking again!

If I can get a picture to attach to this I will include a diagram from the Mabis BBT showing the now infamous heat pocket -

• Loading the player...
  • von1976von1976 member
    edited July 2013
    TRS48 said:
    Thanks ladies! 

The heat pocket is in a very inconvenient spot... right behind your far back bottom teeth (wisdom/molars?) on top of your gums. It doesn't stay in place unless you hold it there with your hand. I think its F-ing up my chart bc my temps are a mess this cycle! Last cycle I did 'under tongue' and my chart looked a lot nicer. I'm going back to that from now on. 

Thanks for the info on the changing cycle temps... I figured they would be consistent month-to-month but it sounds like nobody really knows. It's probably the damn 'heat pocket' striking again!

If I can get a picture to attach to this I will include a diagram from the Mabis BBT showing the now infamous heat pocket -
    I think you might be reading the diagram incorrectly. The heat pocket is located not ON TOP of your gums behind your wisdom teeth, but between the base of the tongue and the gums at the back of the mouth. In the diagram you posted, it is not where the words "HEAT POCKET" appear, but where the ovals with the temps 98.8F/37.1C are. You may be temping in the wrong spot.

Try this diagram instead:

Anniversary

Baby GIRL born 9/16/201
    BFP! EDD 8/1/2019 CP 4w2d

• I stick my thermometer in my heat pocket too......also known as my vagina.

I wasn't the only one thinking this, right?
    Me & DH: 24 Married: 5/11
    Started TTC: 12/12 Testing Started: 5/14
    Dx: Irregular Ovulation, possible PCOS
    Treatment starting July '14: Letrozole + Trigger + TI
    Surprise natural BFP right before starting meds!!!!!- EDD 3/7/15

• TRS48TRS48 member
    Thanks @von1976, I will try that from now on! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"