Adoption

can you be too old?

hi! this is my first post "over here." I'm usually on saIF. after 4 IVFs we finally conceived and we now have a beautiful 4 month old daughter. I would like for her to have a sibling so we are starting to look into adoption/fostering. I don't even know where to begin.

I did hear recently that there is a cut-off point for age for the adoptive parents. is this true? we will be in our early 40's once we officially start the process.

thanks! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

2 infertiles' journey to 2 pink lines (and a baby girl)
"our IF story"

Re: can you be too old?

• In our research, it really varies by agency. We're looking at 2 agencies, and each have cutoffs of late 40s/early 50s.
  • I am not sure on the cutoff's but I have to tell you that your little one is soooooooooooooooooooooooo beautiful !!!!!

•     
  • My experience is that most International programs have age stipulations (and they vary greatly) but domestic adoption agencies aren't quiet as clear cut on ages.  HTH
    image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • I agree, it is International that tends to have age caps.  Even if domestic does, it wouldn't be until at least the 50's, from what I've seen of various couples. 
  •     
  • Most other countries have age limits.  In the US, there is no legal age limit-it varies by agency. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards