September 2013 Moms
Options

Could this be pre-E or something else?

I've been feeling very exhausted the past few days.  I'm about 30 weeks right now.  I have an 11 month old and only had 5 mos btwn pregnancies.  So i've had low iron and been taking supplements religiously with my other vitamins.  But I started getting a head ache last night,  I went to bed early and slept nearly 10 hrs.  I woke up in a sweat and very dizzy like I was going to pass out.  I ate a big breakfast, had some caffeine, drank gatorade, all the things that usually help... yet I'm still exhausted, have a head ache, and am lightheaded and disoriented feeling.  Anyone have any idea whats going on?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Could this be pre-E or something else?

• Options
    I would call your dr. Based on my experience, they take preeclampsia symptoms very seriously. So things to look put for at home: head ache, changes to vision (bright spots), rapid swelling in hands, face and feet. You dr will test for other things through your pee and blood tests.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Definitely give your office a call and speak with someone.  They will be able to evaluate all of your symptoms and decide from there whether or not you need to go in and be seen.

photo b2867ff1-04fd-412f-991f-a3e09638ec0f_zps4503f4a7.jpg 

• Options
    I don't understand why you'd jump to pre e. not at all. And why you are trying to have Internet strangers diagnose you. Call your OB. Is what they are there for.

The Mob Boss 
    Birth: 10lbs 11oz, 21.5 inches <> 1 mo: 14lbs 7oz, 23.5 inches
    2mo: 18lbs 15oz, 25.5 inches <> 4mo: 26lbs 8oz, 27.5 inches6mo: 29lbs 8oz, 30 inches <> 9mo: 32lbs, 32 inches12 mo: 37lbs, 34.5 inches <> 15 mo: 38lbs 6 oz, 36 inches. 20.5 inch noggin18 mo: 43lbs, 37.75 inches 21 inch head2yr: 47 lbs, 42 inches. 21.5 inch head. Woah.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    It doesn't necessarily sound like pre-e to me, but i'm not an expert.  It is likely just usual pregnancy stuff, but it's certainly worth a call (especially considering the disoriented feeling).  And in the future, i would avoid caffeine if you have a concern about pre-e (since both raise your bp).
    Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
  • Options

I don't understand why you'd jump to pre e. not at all. And why you are trying to have Internet strangers diagnose you. Call your OB. Is what they are there for.

These are actually somethings that my doctor said to watch out for, lasting headache and dizziness. Plus I would ask here first too if I wasn't sure because some moms are very knowledge and I know I have a tendency to over react.
  • Options
    I wouldn't jump to preE, but it also sounds like high BP because of the way you are feeling and describing. I bet your OB will want to see you.
  • Options
    Did you get in to see your OB?
  • Options
    Not yet, I have an appt in a few days.  I'm feeling more normal today, but we'll see what my midwife has to say and I will update.
  • Options
    I had the same symptoms, went in my blood pressure was higher than normal but not in per-e range but I also was severely dehydrated...I didn't feel better until I caught up on fluids.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"