June 2013 Moms

When can LO go in the pool

My LO is 7 weeks and I'm curious when he can go in the pool. My daughter takes swim lessons at a private pool and once a week they offer family swim time and a time that is designated for children under 3 only so it's extremely calm and relaxed during that time. Since its a private pool it is extremely clean and regulated and kids are required to use certain reusable swim diapers that you purchase there. They keep the pool right around 90 degrees

I wouldn't put LO underwater or anything but I think it would be fun to take him in and gethis body in the warm water
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: When can LO go in the pool

• My pediatrician recommended 3-4 months, because thier immune system is still not the greatest.
  • We had LO in the pool for like 5 min this past weekend.   However, it was ILs pool so very few people use it. Plus it is a salt water pool so I didn't have to worry about all the chemicals.
              image image

• Loading the player...
  • I've dipped him in the pool once or twice. We went swimming at the lake and I wore him in a water wrap. He didn't love it (because it was cold) but I wouldn't think twice about swimming with him if it was warmer. As far as the chemicals I just keep his mouth away from the water (obviously) and give him a bath after.

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • iggles09 said:
    We had LO in the pool for like 5 min this past weekend.   However, it was ILs pool so very few people use it. Plus it is a salt water pool so I didn't have to worry about all the chemicals.

We did this in my IL's pool. We are the only ones who us it plus they have an umbrella in the water that we stayed under the whole time. We were in and out within 10 minutes and he went right into the bath. Btw, he loved te bath, not so much the pool. The pool is heated too. Oh well!

image      image    

IVF #1 September 2012, beta #1: 213; beta #2: 580. Expecting Twins! 
    EDD 6/9 lost one angel at 9w3d :( 
    Baby boy arrived 6/1/13
    FET #1 10/14, BFP -Chemical Pregnancy :(
    Everyone Welcome

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"