Washington Babies

North West or Swedish Ballard

Hey ladies,
Since I am new to Seattle & this is my 1st pregnancy, just trying to figure out between the 2 hospitals that I have zeroed in on. North West & Swedish Ballard.
Any recoms for OBS at these hospitals & the overall experience by you guys would be a huge help.

Thanks guys! You're the best! 

Re: North West or Swedish Ballard

• Hi!

I can't speak to any delivery experience at either hospital, but I did have my L&D nursing clinical at NW and can speak to that. (I was also born there, though that doesn't really have to do with much.) It's one of the more quiet childbirth centers in the area, and has a level II nursery rather than an actual NICU, so any baby emergencies would likely require a transfer to another facility. They have midwives, but that may be a newer thing; I only met and worked with obstetricians while I was there. The nurses were supportive and helpful of all the patients and families I worked with.

I've heard fabulous things about Swedish Ballard and plan to tour the facility. (I'd prefer to have a water birth, and if my pregnancy progresses normally I should be able to, so I wouldn't be able to deliver in a hospital. Just in case though, my midwife does also operate out of Swedish Ballard.) Their birthing suites are beautiful from what I hear. My L&D clinical instructor was a midwife at Swedish Ballard and she had nothing but positive things to say.

Hope that helps!

Carley
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"