April 2013 Moms

Fat neck rolls

My son seems to develope Hulk-like super human strength whenever I clean his neck. Right now I'm using the Johnson's safety swabs during bath time to clean under there but now he's clamping down on those & the cotton swabs get stuck. Anyone have a better solution for cleaning unders their LO's neck?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Fat neck rolls

• We Do The floaty part in the tub where we hold baby in the water fairly submerged. their faces are out and their bellies, but that's about it. they love it and that's typically when i get to clean their necks because they naturally tip their heads back enough to expose all the crevices of the rolls.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• I push the top of his back, shoulder blade area, forward without supporting his head as much, it makes his head go back a bit and I get a wash cloth over my hand and stick my hand between the fat neck and his chest thumb on one side, fingers on another (like if you were choking someone). I do it fast before he reacts and squeezes his neck together.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We still hold him football style over the sink to finish up his bath by scrubbing his hair/head. When he's in that position, it's easier to get in the folds. At times, I will also take a diaper wipe and slide it in there and pull it out, sort of like a magic trick, haha!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I found it's easier to use my fingers to clean in there... I'm never successful at getting a rag deep enough into the rolls to make the smell go away!
  • I've been having the same problems using the safety swabs. I started using the johnson and johnson face wipes to get his neck and behind his ears. He gets a bath just about every night now, it's part of our night time routine. The wipes seem to be working well for the time being. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"