Minnesota Babies
Options

Child Care places

We are just starting to look into Child Care...we haven't decided if I will go back to work full time, part time or not at all.

We are looking at New Horizon and Kinder Care...however when I call/email to ask about information they won't tell you price...only tell you to pay $65 registration fee and come in for a tour.

Does anyone know how much either or both of these places cost per week for either full or part time care.

Thanks

Re: Child Care places

• Options

I just have some limited information...my sister sends her infant to a New Horizon in Mpls and it is close to $1400 a month for full time.

I think it varies by location so it would depend on the one you were interested in.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    Thanks. We would be going to the Edina location and I'm sure that it would be higher there.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm just beginning to look into it too.  I work for the Univ. of MN medical center, and they have an on-site daycare for employees.  Which is wonderful!  They are charging $259 weekly.  And that's with a 20% employee discount!  It's the only option I've checked so far though.
  • Options
    We've looked at three different centers in the Roseville/NE Mpls area - New Horizon, Step by Step Montesorri and Jack and Jill.  They were all around $1200-1400/month.  New Horizon was a little bit more, but my husband's work offers a discount - so you might want to check into that too. 
  • Options
    I would look into church centers.  I do/did not like any franchise locations.  I used to work at a center about 6 years ago, and we would get so many parents that would come from one to ours with bad stories. 
  • Options
    We are totally new to the child care thing.  What kinds of issues did parents complain about at the franchise centers?  Are there things that you think we should look out for?
  • Options

My friend worked at one, and for 4 or 5 newborns they would have 1 "teacher". ?As a parent of a 4 wk old, I cannot imagine how I could adequately care for 3 more 4 wk olds! ?She says the kids at centers definitely get neglected as the kid to teacher ratio is so high, and the teachers get really stressed out trying to manage it all. ?

Another friend of mine's mom used to have an in-home center, but he said she used to care for like 14 kids at a time. ?So, I guess there are pitfalls everywhere in the world of child care lol.?

• Options
    Have you found any where good in Edina? We are also looking and I've called a few centers but home day cares I called told me to call back 2-3 months prior to needing them. I can't find a good website for home day cares in Edina - or maybe there just aren't many of them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"