Cincinnati Babies
Options

single digits - whoa.

I can't believe my due date is nine days away.  Sometimes I still find it hard to believe there is actually a baby growing inside me (despite the large belly, kicks, jabs and rolling movement to remind me) let alone we will have a baby in less than two weeks. I am very excited and ready to meet this little one but would be lying if I didn't admit I am scared as well.  It doesn't help calm my worries that the baby is measuring in the 90th percentile for weight.  I doubt my ability to make it through labor and delivery even though common sense tells me that women have done it before me...why wouldn't I be able to?  And I know I'll be surrounded by love and support as well as a Dr. and staff I have faith in.  I've read a lot, taken the classes, talked with other moms so I think I'm prepared...just wish I was more mentally prepared/sure of myself.  I wonder if others out there have felt this way so close to their due date.

Maybe some of this is hormonal but thanks for letting me vent regardless!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: single digits - whoa.

• Options
    I can't wait to meet your little one.  I was in the same boat as you before Griffin was born.  I knew I had read and prepared a lot, but I was terrified.  I think everyone goes through it.  Relax.  You will be a fantastic mom.  I also know how anxious you must be to see the baby.  I was so excited to meet Griffin I couldn't sit still.  These 9 days will probably go so slowly for you, but it will all be worth it.  We can't wait. 
    Kristen & Mike 7/2005
    Griffin 10/2007
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I completely understand. ?I'm super excited to meet my little one, but the whole getting her here part terrifies me. lol. ?I go in tomorrow night to ripen my cervix before my induction on Tuesday a.m. and am super nervous. ?Not to mention the fact that i've heard pitocin contractions are stronger than normal contractions. ?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I felt the exact same way as you--super anxious, excited, and terrified at the same time!  Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy and l&d!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

First of all, congrats on getting to meet your little one very soon!

Second of all, you CAN do this!  YOU CAN!  YOU CAN!  YOU CAN!  Lol, I'm sorry I don't know what else to say to cheer you on, but I know that when I was 38 weeks pregnant it didn't really matter anyway because I wouldn't really know what it would be like until I actually went through it, and that not knowing part drove me crazy.  I'll be straight up with you--contractions hurt like a beyotch!  Don't listen to people who say "it feels like really bad menstrual cramps or gas."  It doesn't.  It hurts much worse than that, and I have had REALLY bad menstrual cramps.  It doesn't compare.  There are really no words to describe contractions, but a nestie once said that it felt like someone was ripping her hips apart while simultaneously pulling her spine out of her @$$.  That seems the most accurate to me.  All of that being said, that is why it is called LABOR.  Take your contractions one at a time and know that the pain will not last forever.  That is what got me through it--reminding myself that it would end.  If I hadn't remembered that, I would have thought I was going to die for sure.  And for crying out loud, DO NOT labor lying in bed on your back.  It simply is not conducive to coping with the pain.  L&D nurses will encourage this, but remember your voice.  Tell them what you need.  They are there to help YOU.  I labored in the tub, on a birthing ball, walked around, etc. but found getting on all fours to be the best thing for me.  As a matter of fact, lying in bed is also not conducive to pushing the baby out--I don't know why I felt the need to do it this way, but I went with whatever I felt like I needed to do (which is what you should do).  Next time I will try to push in a squatting position if I need to.  Anyway, that is all the advice I can give on laboring, or coping with the pain I guess I should say.  That is all I wanted to know about in the those weeks leading up to it.  I asked everyone--how did you cope with the pain and I asked them to be specific.  I don't know if this helps or not, but hearing from moms what it honestly felt like and what helped, is what I remembered during my delivery. 

Oh, and then there is pushing.  This did not hurt.  To me, it felt like a huge relief.  In fact, when the pain was really bad, it's all I wanted to do (even when I couldn't yet, lol).  It didn't hurt though.  I should add that I did not suffer the slightest tear and I feel that two things helped with this: 1) my midwife doing perineal massage (ask your doc about this) and 2) she told me the "proper" way to push was not to squeeze my eyes shut (ya know like you're grunting or something) b/c then there is too much energy in your face/head, so instead try to focus all of that on pushing from down there.  Hard to explain, but I think you probably get what I'm saying.  Push more with your muscles down there, rather than with your face/head, like it feels natural to do at first.

Anyway, it could be anytime for you now!  You will do great!  Can't wait to hear about your wonderful birth!  It will be the most amazing thing you EVER experience!  I am so excited for you!

Ava Caroline 8.27.07 I Charlotte Grace 5.18.09 I Lila Katherine 1.20.11

• Options
    Congrats on being so close!  I can't wait to hear all about your little one.  You'll be just fine so try not to stress about it, easier said than done I know.
    imageimage
    Photos courtesy of Jen Rose Photography
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    That's so exciting that you are so close! I have no words of comfort bc I'm sure I will feel the exact same way soon! I can't wait to hear about your little one and see pics. Hope these last 2 weeks are so are stress free for you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"