Houston Babies

I want to have more kids

I have recently started thinking that I want 3 kiddos..intstead of the two I always thought I wanted.  

Anyone else start out thinking they'd want a certain number and change it?  I always wanted two, but now I suddenly want 3.  We're building a house that can only handle two kiddos comfortably so I doubt we'll actually have a third (have to work on number two before we even consider number 3).  Just curious if anyone else changed their mind after having one or two.  I doubt DH will want a third, but who knows where we'll be in a few years.   

Re: I want to have more kids

• I always said three, but now i can see advantages to 2. I say if the 2nd is a girl I'd consider stopping, but if it's a boy I'd keep going. I want at least two of the same for some reason. DH is happy with 2, but he'd be happy with 1, I think, if I was. I'm kind of taking it 1 at a time at this point, plus it will be awhile before we can try for #2, so who knows what will happen?
    -Clare
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I always wanted three, but two is my new three. Just age and reality setting in...and if two doesn't happen then it will be the one. I can get used to what will be.
  • Loading the player...
  • DH always said 2, but after we had Alex he said he wanted 3. 
    I always said I wanted 4 kids, but I am happy with our plan to have 3!
    Mom to Alex - 8.29.06, Foster - 1.22.09, Emily - 6.24.11 imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I always said 3-4, but now after having 1, working full time and having our niece living with us, I think we'll stop after #2. DH never wanted more than 2 anyway.
  • We originally said 2.  Then after Maren was born, we were open to having 3.  Now that Blake is here, we've gone back to 2!  After we really thought about it, we came to the conclusion that 3 might just be too much for us in more ways than one.

But that doesn't mean I don't get the fever when I get to snuggle my friend's 3 month old, or see a cute pregnant woman!  It does pass, though.  ;)

Photobucket Photobucket
  • I want to have three but am settling for two because of my age.  If I were ten years younger I'd go for three in a heartbeat. 

Going from one child to two was a huge adjustment and challenge for me, but now that I've mastered the logistics of juggling two children I don't think three would be that much more work.  Of course I've heard that three is the "marriage breaker!"  But perhaps a housekeeper and someone to help with laundry would keep divorce at bay.  Wink

• i want 2 but after the first three months of a new baby i said am i sure?! now that he's close to 9 months im back to my 2.

• We will probably have #3 once I get Kohen in school.  DH really wants 3 as well.
  • i always wanted 4 but after a year TTC #1 and a delayed start with #2 due to m/c, looks like 3 is our magic number. DH always said 2 was perfect but after Turtle was born, he definitely became amenable to more. in fact, even if we stop at 3 biological kids of our own, we may adopt a 4th or become foster parents when the 1st 3 are all in school (pre-school at 3).
  • I'd love to have 3-4.  DH has always been on board, but is surprising me lately with thinking of only having 2.  He wants to be sure we can afford it, since we'd really like to do private school.  It's enough to make me want to hurl.

So for now, we're having two, with a third a really good possibility (as in, I'd be really surprised if we didn't...).  I think my 4th kiddo would either have to be a surprise or its just not gonna happen.  And I'm okay with that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have always wanted 8 kids.  After having one, I still want 8.  I just need to convince DH, which will have to happen one at a time.
    Finley Anne ~ 11.9.2008
    So Tasty, So Yummy
  • I have a son, and if we do have #2 I'd hope for a brother first (similar interests) but either way I'd be done at 2. I'd have 2 boys or one of each, and I like even numbers :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"