Baby Names

Rylan/Ryland

DH and I are disagreeing on this one so...do you think of a boys name or a girls name? Thoughts? TIA!!

Re: Rylan/Ryland

• boy. DH suggested it for our list.
  • I like Rylan for a boy. I might even mention it to DH for our list. I don't care for the "d" added on though. When do you find out the sex or is it a surprise?

*edited-surprise (sp?)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Brant- diagnosed with Beckwith-Wiedemann Syndrome with hemihypertrophy in October 2012.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagejerica0003:

I like Rylan for a boy. I might even mention it to DH for our list. I don't care for the "d" added on though. When do you find out the sex or is it a surprise?

*edited-surprise (sp?)

I don't think I like the "d" either. It's a surprise. I have a girls name but DH and I have about 10 boys names....tough figuring out two!!!

• I think boy. I prefer it without the D.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have about 1000 names that i like but DH shoots them all down. LOL. He says he likes them but not enough to name our baby. And as for a girls name, he's dead set on his pick and wont even let me suggest otherwise. But we have plenty of time to figure it out!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Brant- diagnosed with Beckwith-Wiedemann Syndrome with hemihypertrophy in October 2012.
  • I like Rylan for a boys name. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I like Ryan for a boy.
  • Boy, but with the huge caveat that I think it's a name that will constantly have to be corrected and re-corrected when people think it's Ryan.
  • imagejerica0003:

I have about 1000 names that i like but DH shoots them all down. LOL. He says he likes them but not enough to name our baby. And as for a girls name, he's dead set on his pick and wont even let me suggest otherwise. But we have plenty of time to figure it out!

You have a pretty big issue if your DH thinks he can unilaterally name your child.  That is worrisome, no?

• I'm obviously in the minority because I think of Rylan for a girl simply because I know a little girl named Rylan. ?My brother and SIL just had a baby boy in September and this was one of their name choices. ?I kept my mouth shut about it even though it was driving me crazy that my nephew might be named Rylan and all I could picture was a little blue-eyed, blond-haired girl! ?Luckily, they ended up going with Cole.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am in the minority and like Ryland for a boy.  I also like Ryan for a boy.

When I hear Rylan, I think girl.

Just my 2 cents.

TTC #1 for over 5 years - too many to count IF treatments (tried everything and anything), repeat miscarriages. Finally, Sticky Success!! B/G Twins arrived 2011. VOTE on my Name List Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ryland is my cousins name... And it's a HE :)

If you want it as a girl, I would spell it different like Rielyn or Reilyn :)

• Rylan is a boy name by most of the baby name sites, but I like it for a girl.  I don't like the d though.
  • I don't like either. Ryan is nice.
  • I have a coworker with a daughter named Rylen. That being said, I don't like it for either sex. It sounds like another "prescription drug" baby name.
  • Best for the home builder company, 2nd best for a boy.

• I just think it sounds made-up- I don't associate it with boy or girl specifically.
  • I like it for a girl, but not for a boy.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Its a girls name. Its my daughters middle name actually. its a femine form of Ryan.
  • Rylan I think of as gender-nuetral - Ryland I think of boy.
  • I think of both as boys names and LOVE the name Ryland!! Super cute!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"