Pregnant after 35
Options

Newbie here

I just wanted to introduce myself as this looks like a great board to be a part of. I am 15 weeks pregnant with my first child and I am 41. I have had two prior miscarriages and was terrified to say anything before I hit the second trimester.

So far things have been going good. I have had the first round of tests (NTS u/s and BUN blood tests) and both came back with good numbers, so looks like I won't be needing an amnio (yipee)! I have been blessed with no morning sickness, just a few days of feeling icky. To be honest I don't even feel pregnant (except for the sore breasts).

I look forward to getting to know everyone here and going through this with people that understand. Hugs and best wishes for everyone!

Dawn

Re: Newbie here

• Options

Welcome, Dawn, and CONGRATS!

.. though I don't know how nice I can be, now that you've admitted you had NO morning sickness.. *ahem*..  ;)

If you're not feeling pregnant yet, have no fear.   It'll hit and hit with a vengance when it does LOL!

Happy you found us :)

Christine

• Options

Hi Dawn!  Welcome and congratulations! I am with you on so many levels.  I had 3 m/c's and I have been freaking out constantly.  I have 2 docs, and one of them has the 'oh don't worry you'll be fine' attitude, and the other I really, really like, because he takes the time to find the problem and answer my questions.  This pregnancy has not been without its problems, but luckily I am settling in and allowing myself to look forward instead of negatively going day by day.

Good luck to you.  This is a really nice group of women, if you ever need to vent!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi Dawn- welcome may of us have been through long and painful journeys. I want to wish you the best of luck. I too am cautious, I go back to RE on tuesday and I am praying I can see the h/b. I can hardly sleep I am filled with nerves. I love these boards they are so helpful and let us all know we are not alone, Good luck
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome!!!
  • Options

Congrats and welcome!

And I may be jinxing myself by writing this, but so far I haven't had any m/s either. Though I'm only 8 weeks along?it could still hit.  Though my mom didn't have m/s for either of her pregnancies.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Options
    congrats and welcome.
    image Sandy RIP 1-11-09 imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    welcome and congrats.  Don't worry about not feeling pregnant.  I'm 28 weeks and STILL don't feel pregnant.  You will eventually.  (Or so I'm told)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"