Stay at Home Moms

feeling guilty!!!

My mom gave me money for christmas because I wouldn't tell her what i needed/wanted, she said if i didn't use the money for ME then she would be upset with me. I told dh that i should put the money towards a bill and now he is upset and wants me to go get something nice for myself. We have decided that in going to sah and he will take care of the bills but i still feel bad, we are still working on the budget and any money i spend i feel guilty, does this feeling go away?

Re: feeling guilty!!!

• Your baby is still so young. Yes, the feeling goes away. Wait until you have 3 kids! LOL! If someone gives ME money, I'm spending it on ME!!!!

Why don't you hold onto the money for a little while, until you find something that you really want to spend it on.

GL!?

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • I agree that the money should be spent on YOU.  It was a gift for you, not for the household.   If you can't think of anything right now, save it and when you need a new outfit or maybe if you find a nice spa to go to you can use it then.
  • Loading the player...
  • It's funny how when you become a mom, you start feeling guilty spending ANYTHING on yourself. I have 4 kids, and the thought of buying anything for myself makes me feel super guilt ridden (because the kids NEED that beautiful brand new stroller, right?) Anyhow, I'm slowly starting to get over this feeling, but it's hard:) Like the post above...save the money and use it on something you really, really love. You'll know when you've found that something. And please just let your husband take care of that bill.
  • Maybe you would feel better if you spent *most* of the money on yourself, and put a little bit towards practical things? To be honest, that is probably what I would do.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yeah, I know how you feel. If its money gifted then I think you deserve to go buy some things for yourself. I had seen it an opinion poll in Minekey that 'Most of the parents feel completely guilty when they have to spend money on themselves'. Either way parents may end up feeling guilty as there is always something more important the money could be spent on.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"