Pregnant after 35

my baby is enormous.....

I had a growth ultrasound yesterday to see if he is still huge and oh yes he is. They are estimating him to be at 6 lbs 8 oz and I still have 6 weeks to go!!!! I know these things can be off by up tp a pound but I am petrified that he is going to be like 10 or 11 lbs !!! ugh....Good news of course that he is healthy and strong and all is well....just HUGE!

Re: my baby is enormous.....

• Holy cow! I'd be nervous too but no matter the size I hopeyou have a speedy delivery and a wonderful new year!
  • I am glad things are going well for you.

My growth U/S was very accurate. I measured at 5 lbs. 12 oz. at 37 weeks and DS was born at ?6 lbs. 8 oz. at 39 weeks. ??

• Loading the player...
  • I hope he doesn't get too big but either way, I'm glad he's healthy and hope everything turns out OK.
    Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
  • Wowza!  My husband was over 10 lbs at birth and that's a real fear of mine.  Though I have a looong time to worry about that.

I'm just glad your baby is healthy and I'll hope that the u/s was off and he'll be a bit smaller and easy to deliver.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • DS always measured huge- and he was ... thank God i delivered 4w early - b/c he was 7lb 4oz even that early! :)

big babies = cute and healthy- don't worry! :)

• Yay for healthy growth!  Won't be long until you meet the new love of your life!

Personally, I am trying not to think about giving birth quite yet..  I am a little scared Indifferent

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • See, in my mind, this is why I want the epidural in the *parking lot*.    I'm not proud, and I'm sure as hell not BRAVE.. LOL!

My first DD was over 3 weeks early and was 8 lbs 6 oz.   Can we talk about fear!?  

:)

Christine

• Wow, that's really big! Congratulations!!! My DH is 6'4" and weighs about double my weight, so I am fearful I might have the same thing happen to me. Smile
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"