Houston Babies

no more pacifier

so we went to the pedi for a 2yr check up today.  Dr. says Maddie really needs to give up the pacifier. 

I don't have a problem with her having a pacifier and usually I'd let the dr.s comments go in one ear and out the other......BUT DH was there and he hates that Maddie still uses the pacifier.  So he's been the pacifier nazi ever since this morning.

Wish us luck!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: no more pacifier

• good luck!

2 ideas i've heard from peeps in my mom's group:

cut a little hole in the end and gradually make it bigger. they won't get that strong "suck" that they use it for and should eventually lose interest.

paci fairy comes and takes them away. leaves a treat in their place- a la tooth fairy...

let me know how it goes. we'll be crossing that bridge soon as well :-/

• Good luck!  I hope it goes smoothly for you.  I was SO nervous to do it, but it went pretty well. 

We talked to Alex a lot about how big boys don't need pacis and we let him know it was going to go bye bye soon.  Then one day DH told him it was time for it to go and that was it. 
    Luckily, Alex only took it at naptime and bedtime at that point.

He asked for it for a few days, but that was about it.

Mom to Alex - 8.29.06, Foster - 1.22.09, Emily - 6.24.11 imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We went the cold turkey route at age 22 months with basically no problems whatsoever.

It'll be fine.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageCallMeKel:

We went the cold turkey route at age 22 months with basically no problems whatsoever.

It'll be fine.

i'm so glad to hear! 

So far it hasn't been TOO bad.  She's had more crying fits than normal but I guess it can only get better, right?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagemissjake:
    imageCallMeKel:

We went the cold turkey route at age 22 months with basically no problems whatsoever.

It'll be fine.

i'm so glad to hear! 

So far it hasn't been TOO bad.  She's had more crying fits than normal but I guess it can only get better, right?

We went cold turkey with Kaitlyn about 2 months ago... She was cranky a couple of days, but now she's pretty much back to normal and has stopped asking for it.  (cept when she finds one... which she did last week and then cried b/c I wouldn't give it to her!) 

~*~Jenn~*~
  • GL- I am really dreading this, as well.  DS wasnt very attached to his pac until we took the bottle away.  Now it is like a lovey to him...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"