Baby Showers

Shower too early?

My boyfriend's mom owns a Wedding/Reception/Shower place & she's going to be selling it in early feb. & it's the only place I could really have a big beautiful shower. I'm due in May is Jan 24th too early? I mean it would give me time to get organized and see what I have & still need to get

Re: Shower too early?

• First off, you shouldn't be planning your own shower, so unless someone has volunteered to throw one for you at that location around that date, it should be a moot point.?

In my opinion, yes, January is rather early for a May EDD. Unless you live in a tiny town out in the middle of BFE, there should be places within a reasonable driving distance where you can have a lovely shower.?

Contemplating the snow.
    Mes Petit Choux
    imageimageimage
    I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then. ~ Alice

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The size and location of the shower are up to whomever is hosting.  And yes, January is awfully early for a May due date.
  • Loading the player...
  • I would never have my shower in January, and I'm also due in May.

I'm sure it would be convenient for you to have it there, but if it's not available at a reasonable time, then whoever is throwing it for you needs to find somewhere else.

My mom is throwing mine, and is thinking about having it in late March or late April. I can't do Mid-April because of tax season.

• there's got to be more than one place to have a shower in ?your area.

in any case, ?yes, i do think that's far too early. ?if you were from out of town and were flying in for it, or were military or some other special circumstances, i could understand. ?it doesn't sound like you fall ?under any of those categories.

and, i certainly hope you aren't planning your own "big, beautiful shower."?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I thought having our shower at 32 weeks pregnant was too early! :) Does that answer your question? :) I don't mean to be snarky however I do feel that January is quite a bit early for a May due date. It will all work out and you will get a nice shower, it may not be where you would prefer but that's really up to the hostess usually.
  • I think that is too early.  I wouldn't throw my own shower either.
  • Maybe one of the terms of the sale could be your shower closer to your due date. ?Just a thought...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It's pretty early, but mine is going to be super early too as my friend who really wants to throw my shower is moving across the country in late Feb and I'm due in May.  I think it depends on your people mostly, I've been talking to my friends and family and none of them seem to think having an early shower is a big deal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"