Success after IF
Options

I delivered 2 placenta's-One baby

I have not had the chance to post my birth story but our precious baby girl is here! I have not slept but I don't even care. I don't want to b/c I want to watch her every move. She is perfect. I will post the awful story later (long, hard back labor with an epidural that never worked).

But for now, what is weighing heavy on my mind is the fact that I delivered 2 placentas. My OB was like WTF? I had 2 embies put back in me but at my first sono they said there was only one. What happened there-vanishing twin? If so, why did the placenta develop? It was as big as the other one. Did this happen to anyone? I am confused and upset not understanding.

Re: I delivered 2 placenta's-One baby

• Options

Congrats on a healthy baby girl! What a great Holiday gift!

I have never heard of 2 placentas.  I hope someone can give you some answers! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

With my DD my placenta split and was basically heart shaped and only connected at one tiny spot so it sort of looked like two, but was really only 1.  My doc said it's not uncommon....but I don't know about actually having 2 separate ones.

Congrats on your baby girl!!

My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Can't help you on the 2 placentas thing but congrats on your baby girl!  I'm definitely interested to hear what others have to say.
  • Options

wow- that is interesting! I did some google searching- it's not THAT uncommon.

https://www.nurseminerva.co.uk/development.htm#Why_would_a_woman_have_two_placentas_but_only_show_one_baby_on_the_ultrasound

this one explains it nice with a diagram.

Congrats on your DD!  Sorry it was such a rough delivery- hopefully that will be forgotten soon :) enjoy her!

• Options
    Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options

Awesome news about your healthy baby girl!!  So odd about two placentas... your doctor didn't have any answers?

• Options

Congrats on your little one and sorry to hear about your painful labor.

Can't wait to see pics!

• Options

you need to stop what you are doing and get some piks up! lol... kidding, enjoy the Awwww.

Congrats!

::off to see Dr. Google::: weird...

Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence
  • Options
    Congrats on your little girl and I am sorry you had a rough labor!
  • Options

Congrats on your baby girl.  How exciting!!

I am not sure about how 2 placentas appeared....that's interesting!

• Options
    Congrats on your baby girl.  Two placentas is very interesting.  I have no insight for you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congratulations on your baby girl!!  Sorry you had such a tough delivery, I'll be looking for your birth story and pics when you get a chance.  Don't know about the two placentas - I hope the Dr. can give you some better information. 
  • Options
    Congrats!!!  I have never heard of delivering two placentas without a vanishing twin situation.  It sounds like it's not a "bad" thing though, just never heard of it.  Glad to hear you and baby are doing well.  : )
  • Options

I also delivered 2 Placenta's but the second was found in my 2nd ultra sound. the second was also smaller then the one my baby was using. I got to see both when I delivered. Kind of neat actually. h=Had more ultrasounds then the norm to be sure everything was ok-My Doctor says it happens but is rare. The doctor also could not give me a straight answer as to why it happens-

I delivered a very healthy baby boy-he is amazing and will be 2 in a month!

• Options
    In 1994 I delivered 2 full placentas and one baby. My OB was surprised as well. Possibly other baby didn't develope. It was with my second son. It still crosses my mind today.
  • Options
    @TJ1979‌ zombie post!!!
    IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

• Options
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"