Illinois Babies
Options

Chicago Mommies POLL/Survey

Seems like no one hangs out on this Chicago board.  Let's see if we can get to know our local gals. 

1. What board do you all spend most of your time on?  I'm on the 2nd tri board. 

2. Were you a Knottie/Nestie before getting PG?  I was a knottie for a couple years, then took a break, and then joined the Bump once I got past my 1st tri.

3. What time of day are you usually on the Bump?  I tend to get bored at work, so I wander on here during the day when I'm not supposed to.

4. Are you interested in making friends with other Moms-to-Be in your area? I had fun at the Chicago Knottie get-togethers so I'd probably enjoy Bumpie G2Gs if that ever happens on here.

5. What's your favorite place to eat in Chicago?  There's so many!  I eat Chipotle pretty frequently though.

6. What do you think of public transportation?  I think its great, as long as its not my only option.

7. Will you be a SAHM or a working mom? I want to stay home but must work.

Re: Chicago Mommies POLL/Survey

• Options

1. What board do you all spend most of your time on???GP and 1st Tri

2. Were you a Knottie/Nestie before getting PG???I just got married in July and was on the Chicago Knot board quite a bit. ?The local Nest board is pretty slow (similar to this one).

3. What time of day are you usually on the Bump? ?I'm a teacher, so I can't get on at all during the day. ?I'm usually on at night.

4. Are you interested in making friends with other Moms-to-Be in your area? Possibly - actually several of my friends are pregnant right now, so it's fun to have them to go through this with.

5. What's your favorite place to eat in Chicago? ?Lou Malnati's

6. What do you think of public transportation???It's definitely a good thing although usually not an option for me.

7. Will you be a SAHM or a working mom? I'm going to take next year off from teaching and then I'll decide whether or not I'll go back to work.?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

1. What board do you all spend most of your time on?  Typically I am on the TTCAL board, but have been known to go over to the Trouble TTC board too.

2. Were you a Knottie/Nestie before getting PG?  I was a knottie for a short period of time, I didn't get much out of it when I first started. When I got pregnant and went to the bump is when I became a more active user.

3. What time of day are you usually on the Bump?  I am usually on in the late afternoons or evenings, but it depends if DH is home too!

4. Are you interested in making friends with others in our area? I think getting together with others in the area is a great idea!

5. What's your favorite place to eat in Chicago?  I am a sucker for Benihannas!

6. What do you think of public transportation?  I think its a great option for a lot of people, however it hasn't really ever been an option for me since I live in the burbs!

7. Will you be a SAHM or a working mom? I am not sure at this time, my DH would like for me to stay home but I just finished my Masters in Special Education and would like to put that to good use first. I'm still questioning it all, plus we need to get pregnant again (had one m/c).

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

1. What board do you all spend most of your time on?  2nd Tri and Stay at Home Moms

2. Were you a Knottie/Nestie before getting PG?  I was a Knottie in 04-05 then I moved on to the Nest and now the Bump!

3. What time of day are you usually on the Bump?  I'm a teacher also, so I am not on usually during the day....I usually get on during the night time.

4. Are you interested in making friends with other Moms-to-Be in your area? Possibly - I live in the NW Suburbs so I am about an hour+ from the city...I love to visit the city every once and a while though!

5. What's your favorite place to eat in Chicago? All the resturants mentioned are GREAT- Fancy: Nick's Fish Market  Casual: Allendi

6. What do you think of public transportation?  Depends on my mood, Wintertime is the worst in my opinion...everyone sick...colds, coughing--- YUCK!  I do not rely on it in the suburbs by my husband takes it every day to get to work in the city. 

7. Will you be a SAHM or a working mom?   This is a loaded question for me...I am currently a working mom (my son goes to a GREAT in-home daycare) but I am dying to be a SAHM.  We are going to take the plunge when baby #2 arrives...I am not sure to quit my teaching job completely or tell them I am going to take the 09-10 school year off and I may come back after?!??!  Maybe we will win the lottery and then my decision will be made!!! Smile

• Options

2. Were you a Knottie/Nestie before getting PG?  I had a Knot wedding page... didn't post on any boards though!

3. What time of day are you usually on the Bump?  Whenever I'm bored.

4. Are you interested in making friends with other Moms-to-Be in your area? I'm moving to NY in August/Sept for DH's job, so I'm afraid it would be sort of pointless :(

5. What's your favorite place to eat in Chicago?  Rosebud. Hands down.

6. What do you think of public transportation?  Not a huge fan - I love driving, and for the most part I hate strangers!

7. Will you be a SAHM or a working mom? SAHM, possibly work PT, I'm a lucky girl.

• Options

Chicago Mommies POLL/Survey

-->

Seems like no one hangs out on this Chicago board.  Let's see if we can get to know our local gals. 

2. Were you a Knottie/Nestie before getting PG?  I used theknot check list and just recently joined thebump

3. What time of day are you usually on the Bump?  i'm on the bump whenever I have some down time...I'll check it once or twice while I'm at work

4. Are you interested in making friends with other Moms-to-Be in your area?  yes!!!

5. What's your favorite place to eat in Chicago?  Chipotle has been a staple in my pg diet but I also love Villa Nova Pizza (it's in Berwyn and well worth the drive no matter where you live in Chicago)

6. What do you think of public transportation?  I think it's great but not for me

7. Will you be a SAHM or a working mom? I am going to be a sahm and hopefully keep a part-time job to give me something to do.

I'm from the Lyons/Brookfield area where is everyone else from?

• Options

1. What board do you all spend most of your time on? TTTC, SAIF and 2nd Trimester

2. Were you a Knottie/Nestie before getting PG? Yes, I was on the knot a long time ago briefly before our wedding, and I've been on the TTTC board on the nest for a year and a half or so.

3. What time of day are you usually on the Bump? More during the day than at night but I check all times.

4. Are you interested in making friends with other Moms-to-Be in your area? Maybe after I have a baby.

5. What's your favorite place to eat in Chicago? Mia Francesca.

6. What do you think of public transportation? It's ok, we mostly drive now though.

7. Will you be a SAHM or a working mom? Work.

*** It's funny because I'm fat ***
  • Options

1. What board do you all spend most of your time on? 1st trimester and I check in on the local Chicago board every so often. It's so dead though.

2. Were you a Knottie/Nestie before getting PG? I am a current Knottie although not seriously. I stalk. Getting married in about 20 days.

3. What time of day are you usually on the Bump? Sporadically

4. Are you interested in making friends with other Moms-to-Be in your area? Of course. Who doesn't need a support system?

5. What's your favorite place to eat in Chicago? Chipotle or Great Steak Escape.

6. What do you think of public transportation? I prefer to drive in the winter, but it's ok for summer

7. Will you be a SAHM or a working mom? Started a new job less than a month before finding out I was pregnant. I will be a working mom.

• Options

1. What board do you all spend most of your time on?  I don't post much but I check out the 2nd tri board and the SAHM board from time to time.

2. Were you a Knottie/Nestie before getting PG?  I became a nestie with my 1st and just returned now that we're expecting again.

3. What time of day are you usually on the Bump?  Before we moved to Chicago I was on during work, but now that I'm home I'm on in the early afternoon during DD nap time.

4. Are you interested in making friends with other Moms-to-Be in your area? I am interested in meeting other moms in the area since I'm new to town. Anyone in Naperville? :)

5. What's your favorite place to eat in Chicago?  hmmm..I've only checked out a couple local places, but I do love Giordano's pizza!

6. What do you think of public transportation?  I used it when I lived in New York City. It was ok as long as it wasn't overcrowded. I'd probably use it if I lived in the city and not the burbs.

7. Will you be a SAHM or a working mom? I'm a SAHM. I'll probably go back to work when #2 turns one.

• Options

1. What board do you all spend most of your time on?  0-6 month and I check out SAHM & Breastfeeding boards as well

2. Were you a Knottie/Nestie before getting PG?  Oh gosh, I've been on here way too long since I got married in Aug. 2004

3. What time of day are you usually on the Bump?  Usually middle of the day

4. Are you interested in making friends with other Moms-to-Be in your area? For sure!  I'm in the Naperville area too, although I have a newborn I'd still love to get together with moms no matter how old their babies are.

5. What's your favorite place to eat in Chicago?  I'm terrible at questions like this, but I do like Hopleaf in Andersonville when we lived there.

6. What do you think of public transportation?  Hey, it works for the most part.  I used to live in NYC too!

7. Will you be a SAHM or a working mom? SAHM with my own side biz.

• Options

1. What board do you all spend most of your time on?  Mostly 1st trimester

2. Were you a Knottie/Nestie before getting PG?  I used theknot before I got married this past April, but never used the forums.

3. What time of day are you usually on the Bump?  Evening usually

4. Are you interested in making friends with other Moms-to-Be in your area? I would love to meet other mom's in my area, especially since I'm the only one of my friends expecting.  I live in Bolingbrook, really close to Naperville.

5. What's your favorite place to eat in Chicago?  I love The Melting Pot but its soo expensive

6. What do you think of public transportation?  I live in the burbs so I don't use it often but I think its great

7. Will you be a SAHM or a working mom?  If all goes according to plan, I will work part time at home and part time at an office while my hubby is home with baby.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

I'm between the 0-6 and 6-12 boards right now.  I also visit the Preemie board.  I used to Knot the find my wedding venue and florist but never really visited the boards there or on the Nest.  I found the Bump boards at the end of my 1st tri.

I'm usually on in the evening while I'm at work.

We do already have a Chi Moms GTG in the Lincoln Park area 1x per week.  Most of us have babies 0-6 months.  Email me at rxygrl0306 at yahoo if you're interested and have wee ones you need to get out of the house.

Right now my favorite place to eat is Luke's Pizza in my neighborhood.

I love the El, hate the buses.

I work PT.

• Options

1. What board do you all spend most of your time on?  Multiples/2nd tri

2. Were you a Knottie/Nestie before getting PG?  I was a knottie first.

3. What time of day are you usually on the Bump?  Usually during working hours.

4. Are you interested in making friends with other Moms-to-Be in your area? Sure.

5. What's your favorite place to eat in Chicago?  Davis Street Fishmarket

6. What do you think of public transportation?  I'm not a huge fan, but it's valuable if you live/work in the city

7. Will you be a SAHM or a working mom? I'm staying at home because it's twins.  Daycare would be too much!

• Options
    imageChiShanona:

1. What board do you all spend most of your time on?  SAL or on MM on the nest

2. Were you a Knottie/Nestie before getting PG?  I was a nestie about 3 yrs after i got married

3. What time of day are you usually on the Bump? afternoons or very earli in the mornings

4. Are you interested in making friends with other Moms-to-Be in your area? Yes! I haven't been to a gtg in probbaly a year but they were fun!

5. What's your favorite place to eat in Chicago?  I have to pick just one? right now it uncle bubs rib in westmont has been on my mind alot!

6. What do you think of public transportation? We only use it when we go downtown but works well then.

7. Will you be a SAHM or a working mom? I think I am going to only work part time doing personal training and group fitness. I will most likely leave my desk job behind

****DS 6/1/09 **** DD 10/13/10****
  • Options

1. What board do you all spend most of your time on?  6-12 Months

2. Were you a Knottie/Nestie before getting PG?  I was a knottie back in 2006, became a nestie when I got pg.

3. What time of day are you usually on the Bump?  I may pop on once during the day and I'll browse late night when I'm bored.

4. Are you interested in making friends with other Moms-to-Be in your area?  I would love to - I'm in Lombard so not too far from Naperville.

5. What's your favorite place to eat in Chicago?  Nothing beats a Wrigley hot dog!

6. What do you think of public transportation?  Ditto a PP - I'll do the El anytime, buses not so much.

7. Will you be a SAHM or a working mom? I stay home.

imageimageLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

1. What board do you all spend most of your time on?Success after IF and 0-6 months

2. Were you a Knottie/Nestie before getting PG?  I was a knottie when planning my wedding in 2003. This was well before the nest days.

3. What time of day are you usually on the Bump? lol all day long.

4. Are you interested in making friends with other Moms-to-Be in your area? yes!

5. What's your favorite place to eat in Chicago? cafe baba reeba

6. What do you think of public transportation?  I think its great, as long as its not my only option.

7. Will you be a SAHM or a working mom? I stay home, but also film weddings and so that's a part time job for me.

Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
  • Options

1. What board do you all spend most of your time on?  I'm on BOTB and 2nd Tri.

2. Were you a Knottie/Nestie before getting PG?  I had an account on The Knot but never used the boards.

3. What time of day are you usually on the Bump?  Mostly evenings ans weekends. Occasionally I sneak on during the day at work or when I am off. (teacher)

4. Are you interested in making friends with other Moms-to-Be in your area? Maybe - right now I just liek to hang out on the boards!

5. What's your favorite place to eat in Chicago?  There's sooo many!! Pizza - pretty much anywhere, good italian food (I used to love Gionati's in OB, later called Vic's), or fast food: Portillos.

6. What do you think of public transportation?  Eh - I like driving.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

2. Were you a Knottie/Nestie before getting PG?  I was a knottie for awhile and then joined the Bump once I got my BFP.

3. What time of day are you usually on the Bump?  Usually after 4 and in the evening after work.

4. Are you interested in making friends with other Moms-to-Be in your area? I never went to  the Chicago Knottie get-togethers - they were never in the suburbs and I despise driving to the city, but I'd love to meet some other pregnant women from Chicago.

5. What's your favorite place to eat in Chicago?  Hands down - Benihana's is my favorite, but since they closed the Chicago one - I go tot he one in Lombard.

6. What do you think of public transportation?  I think its great, for certain times - we use it every year for the Taste, but that's about it.

7. Will you be a SAHM or a working mom? I want to stay home, but have to go back to work.  DH will be the SAHD.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

1. What board do you all spend most of your time on?  This one and 1st Tri

2. Were you a Knottie/Nestie before getting PG?  Yes...I was kind of addicted!

3. What time of day are you usually on the Bump?   Odd times, mostly when I can't sleep

4. Are you interested in making friends with other Moms-to-Be in your area? I've never been to a GTG but would be open to one....

5. What's your favorite place to eat in Chicago?  I second whoever said Lou Malnati's!

6. What do you think of public transportation?  I wish the Burb's had more of it.

7. Will you be a SAHM or a working mom? Working, unfortunatly!

• Options
  • Options

1. What board do you all spend most of your time on?  2nd tri and 12 -24 months toddler

2. Were you a Knottie/Nestie before getting PG?   nope

3. What time of day are you usually on the Bump?   all diff times of day or night since my schedule is all over the place

4. Are you interested in making friends with other Moms-to-Be in your area? sure

5. What's your favorite place to eat in Chicago?  Lately it's Pockets - i crave it all the time but my favorite real resturant is Capitalle (sp) Grill.

6. What do you think of public transportation?  I don't think about it since I am in the burbs

7. Will you be a SAHM or a working mom? working

• Options

1. What board do you all spend most of your time on?  Mostly on the 1st trimester board, but still learning my way around the site!

2. Were you a Knottie/Nestie before getting PG?  I was on the knot when planning my oct 2008 wedding.

3. What time of day are you usually on the Bump?  Usually late evening after my dh goes to bed.

4. Are you interested in making friends with other Moms-to-Be in your area?  yes!!!

5. What's your favorite place to eat in Chicago?  I'm a suburb girl.  My staples are Lou Malnati's pizza and BW3's.

6. What do you think of public transportation?  Again....suburb girl.  Public transportation doesn't really work for me.

7. Will you be a SAHM or a working mom? I own my own business, so I will be able to bring my infant to work with me for awhile.  How lucky am I?

I am from the Oswego area, but looking to buy a new home in Plainfield/Shorewood.

• Options

1. What board do you all spend most of your time on?  TTCAL

2. Were you a Knottie/Nestie before getting PG?  I was on the knot when planning my August 2004 wedding.

3. What time of day are you usually on the Bump?  evening

5. What's your favorite place to eat in Chicago?  Star of Siam

6. What do you think of public transportation?  I can do the train but not the bus

7. Will you be a SAHM or a working mom? I'm a pharmacist and intend on working part-time

I have a home in the northside of Chicago

Thank you TTCAL and IF board. "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: What! You too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

Miscarried December of 2008, Ectopic Pregnancy November of 2009

IVF #1 = BFN | IVF #2 = BFP: 9dp5dt (399), 14dp5dt (2489)

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" Philippians 4:6,7
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicIn loving memory of MrsTyson's precious Julia
  • Options

1.  6+ Months, Working Moms, and Success After Loss

2.  Yes!  I stopped after the wedding then came back when I got pregnant the first time - then miscarried and the pregnancy loss board was a lifesaver for me.

3.  I don't come on much now that I'm back at work.

4.  Yes, I think that would be fun.

5.  Joe's for a fancy place, Flat Top for fun/low-key.

6.  I love it for myself but am not crazy about taking the baby on the bus or train.

7.  I work.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Options

1. What board do you all spend most of your time on?  I'm on the 6-12 month board.

2. Were you a Knottie/Nestie before getting PG? Not really. I lurked.

3. What time of day are you usually on the Bump? I am on in the evenings usually after my baby goes to bed.

4. Are you interested in making friends with other Moms-to-Be in your area? I already get together with some of the moms from my board and 0-6.

5. What's your favorite place to eat in Chicago?  Vella Cafe, hands down.

6. What do you think of public transportation?  I think that there is a lot to be desired. I personally walk as much as I can.

7. Will you be a SAHM or a working mom? I go to work, but I can take my DD with - I work at an in-home daycare.

• Options

1. What board do you all spend most of your time on?  I'm the 2nd trimester board.  I wish that this board was more active!

2. Were you a Knottie/Nestie before getting PG?  I had an account on The Knot to use the checklist.  What a lifesaver!

3. What time of day are you usually on the Bump?  When work is slow I'll pop on during the day or during lunch.  Otherwise, I'm usually on at night.

4. Are you interested in making friends with other Moms-to-Be in your area? Yes - especially with my upcoming move to Naperville

5. What's your favorite place to eat in Chicago?  Cafe Bionda in Wicker Park, Club Lucky in Wicker Park, Sullivans in Naperville / Chicago

6. What do you think of public transportation?  It's my main form of transportation at the moment, but I am certain that will change by March.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"