Pennsylvania Babies
Options

Update....

So now the Dr. is putting me on Provera starting today for 10 days since I have not had AF since Oct. and pregnancy blood test was negative.  Has anyone had to take this before, any advice?  TIA!!

Re: Update....

• Options
    I've had to take it several times.  It's not terrible but not fun either.  It can cause more intense PMS symptoms.  Actually, some months were a cruel joke b/c it caused pregnancy symptoms.  The first time I took it I was waiting for a wicked, heavy, AF to show up since I hadn't had a cycle in months.  That never happened.  Instead I just spotted for about a week.  I've read that is normal.  Also, the # of pills to start AF wasn't consistent for me.  Some times I'd get it after 3 pills while others it took the entire prescription before anything happened.  Good luck!
    {Blog}
    TTC since Jan 07. Dx with PCOS Jan 08 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I've had to take it several times too.  The first time I had to wait 2 weeks after finishing it to get my period, the second time AF showed up before I was done taking it.

I had no real issues with it other wise.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

ok thanks!! After reading the paper from the pharmacy it said to expect your period 3-7 days after stopping the prescription....my friend said she got her period the next day after starting it, so I guess it all depends on your body. 

I was really looking forward to surprising DH and our families at Christmas with good news.... There's always hope for a Valentine's day surprise! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"