Cincinnati Babies
Options

Poll: How many kids?

We both have always wanted a big family, so I think that 4 kids is doable (and yes, that is "big" to me... no Jon & Kate Plus 8 stuff for us).  However, I would like # 3 and 4 to be close in age like # 1 and 2 are, so we will be waiting a few years before even TTC a 3rd child.  We definitely don't buy into the "just get it all over with now" way of thinking.  Right now we can enjoy 2 children, but anymore than that we would probably be in over our heads.  Of course things may happen differently, and that's fine too... we may find ourselves content with 2 children or we may have a surprise #3 sooner than we think.  We'll always be happy of course!

Ava Caroline 8.27.07 I Charlotte Grace 5.18.09 I Lila Katherine 1.20.11

Re: Poll: How many kids?

• Options

Before having kids, I wanted a million. Now, I know better! haha, just kidding...

I know we want another one, and probably one more after that. Then we will talk.

I am getting the itch for number 2 though!!

• Options
    I say 4, DH says 2, maybe we'll meet in the middle?  I'm so spoiled by Caleb....who knows.  I've already been telling DH that when we're finished having our own children, I would really like to be a foster parent.  I can't imagine my life without babies.  Maybe that'll change after having more than one!
    Jennie Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Good poll! 

I have always said that I want a big family.  With that being said, though, DH and I only want as many as we can afford.  I am the youngest of 5 kids and money was always tight when I was growing up.  I know what it is like to do without and to be envious of classmates that had the newest toy, name brand clothes, etc. 

Right now, we can afford one...we will probably TTC in a couple years when I get tenure at work and the economy is more stable.  I don't want to worry and stress over money and I definitely want to be able to afford vacations, lessons, to help my DCs with college, etc.

• Options
    We used to want 4. Now that Ellie has gotten older and easier, DH is just now saying he's even willing to have a second. So I think four is probably out. We'll have at least two, God willing. I think I'd like three. We'll see what kind of baby #2 is.
  • Options

3 for us.. so this one is it.

Hannah

• Options
    Good point--money definitely plays a part in it which is why we're also just playing it by ear!  I know money isn't the end all, but I do want to provide beyond the basics and go on vacations, send our kids to private school, etc.  If money were no issue, DH would probably be up for a baseball team.

• Options

Kessler.....4 is big to me too.  I always thought I had a big extended family as my dad is one of 8.  Then I met my DH.  His dad is one of 10 and his mom is one of 18!  Could you imagine????  I wanted name tags at our wedding.  Most of his relatives live out of town and we don't see them very often so I still have a hard time remembering all his uncles names....and forget about the cousins!  :-)

Jennie Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    OMG, my mom had 4 of her own children, fostered 3 children and one of the foster children had me and then moved to Cali so my parents adopted me when I was a toddler.  She has raised 8 kids, plus other fosters who were never as permanent as the other 3 foster children.  I just cannot imagine!  My MIL is also one of 8 children, so the number of grandchildren and great-grandchildren my DH's grandmother has is nuts!  And personally, I think Brad & Angelina are just nuts!

• Options
    I want 3, DH wants 2, but I guess we'll need to see how #1 goes before we make any decisions.  In any case, we probably won't try to TTC again until this one is at least 2 years old.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    2 or 3.  Probably just 2.  We are thinking about TTC in a couple of months for #2 and we'll see if my c-section goes better than the first time. 
    Married 12.27.03

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    2 or 3 for us too.  If we do decide to have a third, we will wait 3-4 years after DD is born.
  • Options
    We're planning on trying for # 3 in 4-5 years, once Piper is in kindergarten (at least). We're going to be very careful not to have an "oops" before then because we really have our hands full with 2 right now. I'd like to have another one closely after # 3, maybe about 18 months apart like Piper & Kady, but DH says 3 is the limit for him.
  • Options
    I always said 2 before I got pregnant and had Kate.  Now, I think we are sticking with 1.  If we do decide that we want more, we will more than likely adopt. 
  • Options

I honestly don't know.  It changes from one day to the next...so that's why my response is always "We'll leave it up to God" on this question. Smile

We'll obviously have at least 2 at this point, and I could definitely see us going for 3 or 4.  Who knows!  Then I have days like the other day with Lily and I think yeah...just 2 for me!

~Amanda
    Mom to Lily Gayle 4.25.06 Charlotte Kathleen 3.27.09 Samuel Thomas ~8.4.12~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have a feeling this could all change very easily after we have our 1st. But we have always said 2-4.  So I guess we'll see. Good poll btw!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Options
    We are anxious to have a second one and I think that may be it for us, assuming we are so blessed.
    Justin Thomas joined us on 8.4.07
    Tyler Anthony arrived on 9.21.09
    imageimage
    imageimage
    The Chronicles of Justin and Tyler
  • Options
    We will definitely have one more.  Possibly two.  My clock is starting to tick.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We are TTC #2 now and then we are finished!  I have always wanted 1 or 2 and DH is the same way.  Now that we have DS, we want #2 and then we are 90% sure we are finished.
    Our kids are 19mths apart and we LOVE it!!

Married to my BFF on 8.13.05 (after dating 5 years)!

DS born 2.14.08. DD born 9.30.09.

• Options

At least 1 more.  After that, we'll see.  I'm the oldest of 4; dh is the oldest of 3.  Neither of us wants Brandon to be an only child.  The other piece is that I'm genetically predisposed to twins.  Both of my grandmothers are fraternal twins.  So... if the next pregnancy results in twins, I know we'll be done.  If not we'll see how things go.  DH is 36, and we really don't want to have kids at home in our 60's. 

We're talking about TTC next summer/fall.  We want them to be about 2 years apart, and if the powers that be allow me to be due in late March/early April, I'll get a nice long maternity leave when summer is factored in... or I could be due in late August again and have a long summer on the tail end.  We shall see...  those are things that are nice to try for but God may laugh at my idea. 

• Options
    I had always wanted 4, and sometimes I still do, but taking care of Leah and working full time has really wiped me out. I'm not sure I can do this three more times! So we will probably stop at 2. We are not TTC the next baby until Leah is about 4 because I don't want two young ones at one time. It's fun to have siblings close but it's just not for everyone!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Are you ready for this...only one.  Looks like the cheese stands alone!  We always said "we'll see how the first one goes" and after Kat's colic and being nocturnal for 3 months we decided to be dunzo.  We love her so much and wouldn't change her for anything, but don't think we could go through having another newborn again.  Plus, kids are expensive, and we want to be able to give Kat a good life and not have to struggle. 
  • Options
    I think we'll TTC Logan a sibling next fall.  I hope that kid sleeps better, LOL.  After that we're definitely done.  If that doesn't happen and Logan ends up being an only child I'm perfectly fine with that, too.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

We only want two.  I really would love to have a little girl - but if we do have a second and it would be a boy, I do not want three!  I have two SIL's, one who has 2 and one who has 3, and I don't think I could handle 3.  

Also, I find myself often wondering how I could bring someone else into our little family.  I love things just how they are, and worry about being able to focus attention on another newborn and on Ethan.  I am not ready for another anytime soon, that is for sure.  And Ethan is such an easy baby!!  I just really love being able to focus my time and energy on him and my husband.

• Options
    We definitely want at least one more but more likely three more, depending on our economic situation at the time.  DH doesn't want to prevent #2 at all but I'm not 100% on board with another pregnancy so quickly so we'll have to talk.  We may end up either fostering or adopting at some point as well.
    imageimage
    Photos courtesy of Jen Rose Photography
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

We're done with two.  It makes me a little sad that I'll never be pregnant again or have a baby again - but when I really think about things, I'm very content with two.  The girls have finally become easier to deal with and are so much fun.  The thought of "starting over" again with a newborn at this point seems overwhelming.  Also, DH and I are on the older side, so it will be nice to have kids out of the house before we retire.  =)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"