Adoption
Options

The "other" side of adoption.

I've been kinda of a lurker. I just wanted to open myself up for any questions you may have on local open adoption.

My stroy~

I was 18, just graduated hs, found out I was expecting. Thinking I would not be able to support myself and a child without any college education. I went to my first ob, and they gave me a list of adoption agencies. I din't know where to start so I had my mom call around. We found an agency near our home and made an appt.

That's about all, unless you have more specific questions. I am open to talking about everything you may want to know. I'll try to check in on this board, if I don't anwser you can also page me on PL/M.

Leslie

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: The "other" side of adoption.

• Options
    Thanks for sharing your special story.  I am sure you made some family very happy.
  • Options
    I just want you to know that I think you are so courageous and brave.  You really must care so much for your child.  I admire you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

ditto pp!

i do have one question for you if you dont mind, what specific things were you looking for in an adoptive family?

thank you!

• Options
    imagekatiejo11:

ditto pp!

i do have one question for you if you dont mind, what specific things were you looking for in an adoptive family?

thank you!

I was not as selictive as my mom was, she went with me. We looked through about 70 port-folios. We were looking for a married couple (no prior divorce), that didn't smoke, that were religious- christian of some sort. I didn't find out prior to delivery if what gender I was expecting. (My choice because I didn't want to "accidently" get attached to the baby.) What if any birth defects the family would be willing to raise/consider raising.

After meeting with a couple different families I had different questions. Like what they planned on doing for child care, if they had a stable career, stuff like that.

I wanted to make sure I got along with the family as well, because they are now a part of MY family.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That is awesome it sounds as if it was and is an open adoption!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"