Eco-Friendly Family
Options

G Diapers...a happy medium?

Has anyone tried them?  Opinions?  Thanks!

Re: G Diapers...a happy medium?

• Options
    Maybe for the environment, but they look to be more expensive then just one or the other.
  • Options
    I haven't heard anything good about them at all.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have - Very expensive, the diaper FIT isn't very good on the child, and in my opinion, if you want to get this "intimate" with pee & poo - you might as well CD.
  • Options
    A couple people have them on diaperswappers.com. Maybe log on there and see why they like them? I haven't seen great reviews on this site.
  • Options
    We used them and liked them - they worked well for us as an alternative when we were in an apartment without our own washer and dryer, but if I had to go back now I'd just use the Nature babycare disposables. They're a great product and and awesome company to support, but at the end of the day for us - just as much work as cloth and more expensive, so cloth is a better option. I have a bit more to say about it in my bio if you want some more info - just situations where I think they're a great option, etc:)
  • Options
    If you have a septic tank, the inserts can reek havoc if you don't let them break down in the toilet completely before flushing.
  • Options
    We have tried them and like them. We use them for vacations. They are more expensive than cloth, so I wouldn't use them full time. I made some cloth inserts to go inside and sometimes we use those at home. We haven't had any issues with leaks.
  • Options

I think it depends on what you are used to.  If you use disposables, you might like them because they are a more EF option.  If you are already familiar with cloth, I think you'll be less likely to like them because they're more expensive & just as much work as cloth (actually more work IMO). 

I really hate them & wish I hadn't wasted the money, but I'm holding out hope that DS is just still too small for the size Medium & he'll grow into them.  I don't feel comfortable flushing the inserts for fear of plumbing issues (at home & out), so then I don't know what to do w/ poopy inserts.  Throwing them in the trash unwrapped seems gross (& putting each in a grocery bag totally defeats the EF purpose).  Putting them in my wetbag to dispose of at home also seems gross.  I'd rather just use cloth.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"