Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Mmmm AlishaRichelle's sweet and spicy nuts

You smell so good - cool down so I can sample you.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Mmmm AlishaRichelle's sweet and spicy nuts

• Options
    LOL!!! I was just about to make mine! ?I bought lots of cute little mason jars to put them in.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I think a few might have gotten a touch overdone (read burned) while I was getting my cooling pan ready but they still smell freaking awesome.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i think i'm going to make them christmas eve!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Somehow I must have missed this would you repost it please??
    "Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky." -- Rabindranath Tagore Recycling is like laughter, it's contagious! Invite all your friends!" Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
  • Options

1/2 teaspoon ground cumin

1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

4 C unsalted mixed nuts (walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts, almonds)

4 tablespoons unsalted butter

6 tablespoons brown sugar

1 teaspoon salt

?

Mix spices and reserve.

?

Heat nuts in a dry skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until they begin to toast - about 4 minutes.? Add butter and cook, stirring until the nuts begin to darken - about 1 minute.? Add the spices, sugar, 1 tablespoon of water, and salt and cook, stirring, until the sauce thickens and the nuts are glazed, about 5 minutes.??

Remove the nuts from the heat and transfer to a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil, separating them with a fork.? Let the nuts stand until cooled and the sugar has hardened - about 10 minutes.? Store in an airtight container.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Oh.  My.  Word. 

::drool::

• Options
    They sound fantastic. I better add this to my to-do list.
  • Options
    Note: be careful not to cook them too long while they're glazing. I let mine go maybe another 45 seconds while I got the cooling pan ready and they're still good but some of the ones in the middle of the pan are just a little charcoal tasting!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"