Eco-Friendly Family
Options

CDers- ?s re detergent, inserts, overnights

I've been lurking for a while and have learned SO much about cding from all of you, so thanks!  I have some more questions and am hoping you can help this cd newbie.

I ordered five different pocket diapers (BG, Mommy's Touch, HH, FB, and Knickernappies) to help me decide which ones we want to go with.  I love the HH because they seem trim and narrower, but worried they won't fit DD til she's potty trained.  Also love the BG, but I don't think we want velcro.  I think FB is the winner because of the snaps and bc the rise seems longer.  DD is 25" and 13.5 lbs at 3 months and has a long rise, so these seem to work well.  Anyone else have a long-waisted LO?  What works for you?

So finally my questions:

1. Does anyone use Costco's Kirkland Free and Clear detergent?  I'm using Purex F&C and it's working, but if we can use our regular clothing detergent for diapers that'd be even better.  I checked out the detergent chart that's been posted a few times, but didn't see Kirkland's on there.

2. Do you prefer hemp or micro-terry inserts?  FuzziBunzStore.com sells FBs with the micro inserts, or upgrade to hemp for $2.50/insert.  Wondering if it's worth the cost to go with hemp.

3. What diaper do you use for overnight?  How many/what inserts?

Sorry this got so long.  Thanks for any insight!

Re: CDers- ?s re detergent, inserts, overnights

• Options
    I have a long and lean LO.  We like Blueberries best!  I definitely would get hemp over microfiber.  I've used Planet and Tide on our diapers without problems.
  • Options

I love blueberries (that's the bulk of our stash) but for a long rise baby I would go with GADs.  They have a long rise option.  As for inserts I like a microfiber/hemp combo.  My favorite is the blueberry one size insert.  Just remember to always put the microfiber up, hemp on bottom. 

Detergent I use the same for diapers and regular clothes.  We use Crunchy Clean detergent.  I've also used Mrs. Meyers and loved it.  Crunchy clean can be bought at www.crunchyclean.etsy.com or www.hyenacart.com/crunchyclean

For overnight my favorite are the windpro fleece GADs.  Super bulletproof. 

Autumn 

Homebirthing mommy to Haley, Haven, Paisley and #4 cookin' away.

Have cloth diaper questions? Click on my banner ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"