South Florida Babies

I had an overnight stay at the hospital...

I am home now. As most of you already know, I have not been feeling good all week. Lots of pains and difficulty walking. Well, on Friday night it was unbearable. I had the most excruciating pain in my lower right side of my stomach...not "contraction" pains, but an overall, constant pain. It was not something that was coming and going every so often like a contraction would, but was always there. I couldn't walk at all (whereas during the week, it was difficult to walk, but still doable) and I couldn't even move an inch without wailing out in pain. After about 2 hours we called the doctor and I was told to go straight to the hospital. This was about midnight when we got there. They did lots of tests, put me on an IV, etc. All the tests came back okay and didn't find anything significantly wrong, which obviously is good news. They also did an ultrasound and the baby is doing great (also good news!). So, I really don't have any news to report as the doctor said they really are unsure of what is causing this pain...it could be that I tore a ligament inside the uterus (but that was just a guess). But there really is no "answer" which is kind of frustrating, but atleast I know there is nothing major that is wrong with me or the baby. Now I just have to stay in bed and hope that this goes away!?

Oh yeah, while I was at the hospital and hooked up to the fetal monitor, the contractions were right on top of each other (about 1 minute apart). At first I didn't feel them very much, and the nurse kept saying how she couldn't believe how close they were. After a few hours I really started feeling them pretty strong, and they were still very close together. However after several times being checked by the L&D nurses, I still wasn't dilated at all. They said though that this pain I am having may be what is causing me to have these contractions so close together. Since I am not dilated at all I obviously am not in active labor yet.?

They let me go at about 1pm the next day and the doctor basically said I just need to stay in bed and keep them updated if the pain gets any worse. ?

Re: I had an overnight stay at the hospital...

• Glad to hear everything checked out okay.  Before you know it your little boy will be here.  Feel good!
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • wow, I'm glad you're okay, Stacey!! I'm having some medical problems of my own so I probably can't be of much help, but if you need anything, just give me a call or email.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: SIREN.ORG!

• Loading the player...
  • Get some rest and try to take it easy...before you know it Chase will be here!!!! Big Smile
    ~~Givette~~ Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Glad to hear that everything turned out to be okay.  Sending some labor dust!
    -- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'm so sorry you are going through all this pain =) Glad to hear everyone is good and healthy!!
     BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh Stacey you poor thing. I'm glad you went to the hospital and everything is ok with the both of you. Although I'm sure you want some kind of definite answer for the pain. You are almost there though so hang in there for just a little bit longer.
  • I am glad that everything is ok!  I hope yu feel some realif SOON =/  I was excatly 37 weeks, when i gave birth to Charltote so GL to you!
  • I'm glad you are resting now and that nothing major was wrong with either of you! Soon your little man will be here and you can enjoy him!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"