Cincinnati Babies
Options

should i keep testing?

this seems like a kinda silly question but i dunno i just have a weird gut feeling...so I havent been charting or anything like that but im pretty regular in my cycle, DH and I havent been TTC but we havent been the greatest in preventing pg and this month we had 2 "slip ups" and didnt use any protection, well i realized based on my last period and my cycle length that the two times we didnt use protection i was ovulating (w/ one of the days being my "peak" ovulation day according to those ovulation calendar things)

so we had our slip ups on 12/4 and 12/6, i got impatient and tested on 12/15 and got BFN, well i was supposed to start my period yesterday and I didnt, and i havent had ANY period symptoms (no cramps which i ALWAYS have lower back cramps), no spotting, nothing...and AF still hasnt come as of today...my cycle is really regular so i tested again today and still got a BFN, my question is...should i just accept that the BFN is correct or should i test again in a few days? How many of you had tested BFN then found out you were pg later? I

ts strange b/c we hadnt planned on ttc until next year at this tme but the more i think about being pg, i get REALLY excited and so does DH, he would be overjoyed and even suggested that if we arent pg this time that maybe i could start charting...he loves kids and has big time baby fever...anyway, any advice would be welcomed! thanks ladies!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: should i keep testing?

• Options
    Yes, go POAS! ?I was only one day late and I got a BFP. Good luck!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'd POAS in a day or two if AF (aunt flow) doesn't come.  But that's just me... It's easy to become a POAS-aholic.  Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Hmm, that is odd. Usually by the time your period is late, you'll get a BFP. But there are stories all over the national baby boards about people that did not get their BFPs until 15 or 16 days past ovulation, and some people who never did get one. So I'd say if your period is 4 or 5 days late and you still are having no signs or it coming and are still getting BFNs, call your doctor and they can run a blood test to see if it's pregnancy or to rule anything else out.

Good luck! I hope you get the result you are hoping for. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    At this point it could be the stress delaying AF. Good luck, hope you get the results you want.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"