Special Needs
Options

Owen has spinal muscular atrophy

The tests just came back and they called to inform us that Owen has type 2 SMA.  We are devastated but not suprised.  I was leaning towards this disease for months now and we finally have some answers.  I am very overwhelmed and not sure what to expect.  I am just so sad that so many of the dreams I had for my son will never happen.  He is such a vibrant happy smart baby and his body is just failing on him.  I am wondering if anyone here has experience with SMA?? Any info would be appreciated.

Re: Owen has spinal muscular atrophy

• Options

I'm so sorry to hear about your diagnosis.  I have a friend who's son passed away at 4 months to SMA (I think type 1...whatever the earliest onset type is).  I also know another boy in my school district (I teach kids with special needs) who was in the special needs preschool class last year and is in regular kindergarten this year.  He is in a wheelchair but is smart as a whip and very funny. 

I don't have a whole lot of info on SMA, but wanted to let you know we're thinking of you...

• Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis - I was wondering if you had heard anything. You have been in my thoughts & prayers & will continue to be. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"