Eco-Friendly Family

Re: New G-diaper-ish but cloth --

• Options

is it just me or does it still seem like a lot of work? isn't it essentially the same as a prefold & cover? but you have to snap in the liner thing too?

?

i do have to say that i love how many shapes & shades the whole world of cd's has. there's truly a system for most everyone. ?

• Options

Let me see if I get this right -- it's a PUL cover with a snap-in stay-dry liner.  You're supposed to use a fresh liner and insert, and assemble all of this at each diaper change?

I'm thinking this is a no-go...the H doesn't "do" assembly at diaper changes.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I kinda don't get it.
  • Options

I think its *almost* like a pocket in that it has the suedecloth that snaps in, and then you have to put something absorbant in underneath the suedecloth between it and then PUL ...I think!

It does sound complicated, but from what I read people say that you pretty much need at least 2-3 of these for the system to work since the covers need to dry in between ....

Different strokes for different folks .... I guess if you like Gdiapers, its a similar concept, right??

• Options
    They remind me of the Fuzbaby Almost-In-One's ... but not. LOL
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    A girl at our local natural market told me she was using G-diapers but using a cloth insert.....what's the point in that? ?I didnt bother asking. ?
  • Options
    I don't get it :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

The ONLY thing I like about the gdiaper is that it took a little while to assemble each time so DS aired out a bit. I guess you could try to convert your old gdiapers if you were crafty and wanted to.

We'll probably put a prefold in our old gdiapers once we get them. The inserts are so expensive! And it probably wastes less water in the wash than flushing every...single....diaper.

• Options
    It's kinda like an AI2--I snap a soaker into my berry plush.
  • Options

Huh. I think it's a cool idea for Gdiaper lovers

I personally used gDiapers with an insert for a week or two while we waited for our CDs and they were a huge PITA. Maybe if we'd given it more time I would have liked them better

• Options
    So it's kinda like using a cover, trifolded prefold and a fleece liner.  But the fleece liner is fancier & snaps to the cover?  Maybe it will help convert gdiaper users to pure cloth.  It's not a bad idea, but I can't imagine anyone who uses prefolds & covers going to this system.  From my experience using gdiapers (I used them maybe 3 times w/ g inserts & 3 times w/ pfs), snapping in that liner thing & putting an insert in was a PITA.  Pockets, AIOs and prefolds are all way more convenient.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"