Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Why yes, It is too much to ask.

Seriously, Mom.

I sure my kids won't get Christmas until after Christmas from my mother again this year.  (Not counting the 2 pks she orered online and had shipped directly to here.)

I told her no.

Why in the world would she think it would be okay to say something like "Would it be too much to ask of pictures of the kids opening all their gifts from your father and I?"  In THAT demanding tone, I might add.

Why yes, Mother.  It is too much to ask.  I want to enjoy Christmas morning, not have a camera glued to my face.  Nor, do I want to force my children to open certain packages at certain times so that I can take pictures.

I understand that you will not be present when they open their gifts from you.  I realize you want to know if they liked the gifts or not.  Be satisfied with the thank you card they write, please.  And if I capture a moment of them enjoying a gift you gave them, then it will be included.

My children are not your children.  You do not need piles of pictures to scrapbook.  You need to understand this.  Because I know I'll hear it after Christmas.  I'll hear all about how your friends had piles of pictures to scrapbook of their grandchildren at Christmas.  They have better relationships with their children than you do with your's.  Perhaps if you didn't whine, pout and demand, I would be more compliant.

I am not the paparazi.  Or the momarazi.  I take no pleasure in shoving a camera in my family's faces during the holidays.

Please understand this.

Jenni

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Why yes, It is too much to ask.

• Options
    OMG! I totally understand!  My MIL drives me frick'n nuts about the pictures.  (Note: I had a homebirth at my midwife's house) we returned home at approximately 7pm the day after T was born, exhausted, and MIL insisted we email pics before we wen't to bed.  She was probably pissed that she hadn't gotten any the day before (T's birthday!).
  • Options

set up a video camera when you open presents, and if the kids open a gift from them then so be it. If on the other hand they get bored and want to play with another gift or in the snow all day, then tough luck for the gparents. Do they need proof of all the presents they sent?

I guess they don't remember how it was to be a parent -- just enjoy Christmas without their demands, or their presence...

• Loading the player...
  • Options

(((hugs)))

I

"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky." -- Rabindranath Tagore Recycling is like laughter, it's contagious! Invite all your friends!" Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
  • Options

(((hugs)))

I

feel
    "Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky." -- Rabindranath Tagore Recycling is like laughter, it's contagious! Invite all your friends!" Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
  • Options

(((hugs)))

I

feel

your

• Options

I feel your pain it should say..

eek!! I've been a victim of the bump!

• Options
    I will send you my FIL so he can take the photos for you! He is worse than paparazzi! DRIVES ME INSANE!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"